Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is Us(10/17)

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:30 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

A recap if you need one....

http://tvline.com/2017/10/17/this-is-us-recap-kate-pregnant-season-2-episode-4-still-there/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:38 AM

So how many people had the faintest notion that she was pregnant?

I will be honest, when I saw the part in the drug store...I thought we were going to see her go on an extreme diet and they were going to show us the effects of weightloss drugs.  I wasn't expecting a pregnancy.  I thought there was a slim possibility of a pregnancy when I saw her lying on her back in the doctor's office, but I didn't think they would go there so my head kind of waved it off.  I just can't believe they have her pregnant.  OMGosh...I can't wait until she tells the rest of the family.  And I want to see how that works with her relationship with Rebecca.  And now that I think back on it...I guess they were kind of hinting at the possiblity of Kate being pregnant when Rebecca's mom was there and talking about husband's and babies.  This is exciting...can't wait to watch it unravel!!!

Kevin...so, we are going down the road of addiction. :-(  I have a feeling it's going to be rough.

Randall...I wasn't surprised when Deja cut off all her hair.  It was a trust thing and they broke her trust.  She wanted that to be just between she and Beth.  And obviously she doesn't trust men at all.  Randall is trying so hard to connect with her...but I think he is coming off a little too strongly.  He needs to step back a little bit and let Beth take over.  Let Beth guide what is going on.

The flashback...oh dear lord, Rebecca's mom reminds me a lot of my MIL.  Get that woman outta the house.  I think it was funny that towards the end they were hiding in the bedroom and no one wanted to go downstairs.  I also liked seeing the fact that Rebecca's mom finally started trying to bond with Randall.  She really need a swift kick in the @$$, happy that Rebecca finally stood up and gave her one.  These kids are all their kids!!!!

Good episode.

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Kate is pregnant!!!! OMG!!!!  I can't believe it!  

I felt like Tobey was quite overbearing this episode.  I know he means well but with Kate it came off as controlling and unsupportive, but with Kevin it came off as helpful and supportive.  Odd.

Is it wrong I teared up when Daji asked Beth to do her hair?  If it's wrong I don't want to be right!!!  I can't believe she cut off her hair!   Poor girl.  Give that actress an Emmy! 

Kevin trying not to take the pain pills- reminds me of my cousin who refuses to drink alcohol because both his parents are addicts.  He is afriad he will be one too and just chooses to avoid it.  I hope Kevin doesn't get addicted!  He just wants a good career.  Poor guy.

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that Randall is trying too hard and needs to relax a bit.  

Quoting pixie124:

Randall...I wasn't surprised when Deja cut off all her hair.  It was a trust thing and they broke her trust.  She wanted that to be just between she and Beth.  And obviously she doesn't trust men at all.  Randall is trying so hard to connect with her...but I think he is coming off a little too strongly.  He needs to step back a little bit and let Beth take over.  Let Beth guide what is going on.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Quoting pixie124:

I will be honest, when I saw the part in the drug store...I thought we were going to see her go on an extreme diet and they were going to show us the effects of weightloss drugs.  I wasn't expecting a pregnancy.  I thought there was a slim possibility of a pregnancy when I saw her lying on her back in the doctor's office, but I didn't think they would go there so my head kind of waved it off.  I just can't believe they have her pregnant.  OMGosh...I can't wait until she tells the rest of the family.  And I want to see how that works with her relationship with Rebecca.  And now that I think back on it...I guess they were kind of hinting at the possiblity of Kate being pregnant when Rebecca's mom was there and talking about husband's and babies.  This is exciting...can't wait to watch it unravel!!!
I thought the same! I wasn't expecting her to be pregnant, but at the same time, I wasn't totally suprised.

Kevin...so, we are going down the road of addiction. :-(  I have a feeling it's going to be rough.
I couldn't tell if watching the football video had something to do with Jack's addication or if he was just reliving old days before he hurt his knee? I give him a lot of props for toughing it out the first few days though. I can understand why.

I agree Randall is trying too hard and coming off strong. But I was also thinking that maybe she cut her hair, so she is included when Randall does his girls hair.

The flashback...oh dear lord, Rebecca's mom reminds me a lot of my MIL.  Get that woman outta the house.  I think it was funny that towards the end they were hiding in the bedroom and no one wanted to go downstairs.  I also liked seeing the fact that Rebecca's mom finally started trying to bond with Randall.  She really need a swift kick in the @$$, happy that Rebecca finally stood up and gave her one.  These kids are all their kids!!!!
Do we know where her mom is in the present? If she's died or alive? I would like to know that as well.

Good episode.

PinkDragonFly
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:54 AM

Quoting cynnie22:

I agree that Randall is trying too hard and needs to relax a bit.  

Quoting pixie124:

love this is us? Join today...

Image result for this is us

PinkDragonFly
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:54 AM

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Quoting pixie124:

I will be honest, when I saw the part in the drug store...I thought we were going to see her go on an extreme diet and they were going to show us the effects of weightloss drugs.  I wasn't expecting a pregnancy.  I thought there was a slim possibility of a pregnancy when I saw her lying on her back in the doctor's office, but I didn't think they would go there so my head kind of waved it off.  I just can't believe they have her pregnant.  OMGosh...I can't wait until she tells the rest of the family.  And I want to see how that works with her relationship with Rebecca.  And now that I think back on it...I guess they were kind of hinting at the possiblity of Kate being pregnant when Rebecca's mom was there and talking about husband's and babies.  This is exciting...can't wait to watch it unravel!!!I thought the same! I wasn't expecting her to be pregnant, but at the same time, I wasn't totally suprised.

Kevin...so, we are going down the road of addiction. :-(  I have a feeling it's going to be rough.I couldn't tell if watching the football video had something to do with Jack's addication or if he was just reliving old days before he hurt his knee? I give him a lot of props for toughing it out the first few days though. I can understand why.

Randall...I wasn't surprised when Deja cut off all her hair.  It was a trust thing and they broke her trust.  She wanted that to be just between she and Beth.  And obviously she doesn't trust men at all.  Randall is trying so hard to connect with her...but I think he is coming off a little too strongly.  He needs to step back a little bit and let Beth take over.  Let Beth guide what is going on.I agree Randall is trying too hard and coming off strong. But I was also thinking that maybe she cut her hair, so she is included when Randall does his girls hair.

The flashback...oh dear lord, Rebecca's mom reminds me a lot of my MIL.  Get that woman outta the house.  I think it was funny that towards the end they were hiding in the bedroom and no one wanted to go downstairs.  I also liked seeing the fact that Rebecca's mom finally started trying to bond with Randall.  She really need a swift kick in the @$$, happy that Rebecca finally stood up and gave her one.  These kids are all their kids!!!!Do we know where her mom is in the present? If she's died or alive? I would like to know that as well.

Good episode.

love this is us? Join today...

Image result for this is us

LadyAmaranth
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:54 AM

Good episode again.
I was shocked she was pregnant but now her actions make sense. She must not be telling Toby til she's sure all is safe but I wonder how long she will actually get away with not telling him.
So glad Rebecca told off her mom and her mom finally starting getting a clue. Not sure she will stay open but at least she made some sort of decent gesture toward Randall.
Not sure about Deja. I get she has issues and is pushing limits and buttons to see how long before they "break" but it bugs me. I have a thing about kids with seriously bad attitudes no matter what the story behind it is (in shows cuz I prefer being sappy or happy vs angry at a storyline LOL).

JoyJoy
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:19 AM
I was a bit surprised that Kate is pregnant. I thought she was going to get weight loss pills at the store.

I would hate to see Kevin go down the road of addiction.

Randall is trying too hard with Deja and needs to take it a bit slower. She is more comfortable around Beth and doesn't like men, for good reason tho.
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cynnie22:

Kate is pregnant!!!! OMG!!!!  I can't believe it!  

I felt like Tobey was quite overbearing this episode.  I know he means well but with Kate it came off as controlling and unsupportive, but with Kevin it came off as helpful and supportive.  Odd.  ---I think he just gets so frustrated with Kate.  It's like he wants to her to see how great she is just as she is and can't wrap his head around the fact that she can't

Is it wrong I teared up when Daji asked Beth to do her hair?  If it's wrong I don't want to be right!!!  I can't believe she cut off her hair!   Poor girl.  Give that actress an Emmy! ---I teared up too.  I really think this shows just how much Deja needs Beth and maybe it would just be best if Randall stayed out of it.  

Kevin trying not to take the pain pills- reminds me of my cousin who refuses to drink alcohol because both his parents are addicts.  He is afriad he will be one too and just chooses to avoid it.  I hope Kevin doesn't get addicted!  He just wants a good career.  Poor guy.  ---My son is very careful with alcohol.  My husband comes from a family of alcoholics.  He drinks very little but he is also careful.  I think my husband and son can understand where your cousin is coming from.

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:40 AM

I thought Kevin's pain pill addiction was going to turn out to be a red herring and Kate was going to end up addicted to weight loss pills or something.  I'm surprised she is pregnant but so happy for her!!

Randall is trying so hard to bond with Deja, honestly I often feels his stories are too much about him and not about Deja.  He needs to slow down.  As a stepparent, totally different situation I know, I can attest at how hard it is to bond with a teenager- even one who has not experienced major trauma or abuse.  Randall and Beth will get there with Deja, but right now it just has to be about Deja's head above water.

Quoting JoyJoy: I was a bit surprised that Kate is pregnant. I thought she was going to get weight loss pills at the store. I would hate to see Kevin go down the road of addiction. Randall is trying too hard with Deja and needs to take it a bit slower. She is more comfortable around Beth and doesn't like men, for good reason tho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)