Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Resident(1/21 and 1/22)

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 112 Total Views

This really isn't a recap but close enough....

http://tvline.com/2018/01/21/the-resident-premiere-recap-matt-czuchry-emily-vancamp-fox/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:45 AM

I am excited about this show.  I recorded it last night and plan to watch it tonight before the second episode premieres. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 23, 2018 at 7:45 AM

I will try to not mix up the two episodes.  I watch both of them last night.  I am going to try and stick mainly to the characters themselves.

The newbie...Devin(I can remember his name, it's my sons.  haha)  I didn't realize at first that he was going to be like the Carter(ER) of this show.  It seems like all of the previews showed us Conrad, so I thought he was The Resident.  But he is the teacher...he is the antigonist.  I actually like how they did that.  

Conrad...I like this actor.  It's nice to see him in something new. I have been looking for him since The Good Wife left the air.  I like how Nurse Nik described him.

Nurse Nik...there is something about her that doesn't feel very nurse like.  I think Devin hit on that second episode.  Why isn't she a doctor??  I can see the whole getting her Doctorate in Nursing(my niece is currently doing that) and usually the nurses getting everything to work because they are the center but she almost seems to in control of everything.  But I guess that is true...that is what it was like when my dad was in the heart hospital.

Doctor Bell...What a jerk.  So self-centered.  You want him to get found out for killing patients.  And it was interesting to watch Conrad manipulating him because he knew that Bell would want to WIN!!!  I am wondering if we are going to see him kill someone and let go from the hospital.

Doctor Hunter...I want to like this Doctor, because I like the actress.  But I don't see that happening now that we know that she is all about making money for her research.  

I think this show is going to make me a little bit nervous about seeing doctors...it has more of a we are not going to save everyone feel to it.  Plus, with everything with the doctors manipulating things behind the scenes that makes me nervous too.

newwifenmom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I want to see this show

momoftwobugs
by Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:12 AM
So far I like it. I'm still trying to get characters straight so can't comment on specifics yet lol.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 2:03 PM

Due to football on Sunday night, I missed the first episode. I thought last night's episode was the preview because all the commercials kept saying so. Since it was scheduled to come on at 10pm (CST), I was thinking they just it to Monday. So I will have to catch up on the first episode.

Quoting pixie124:

I will try to not mix up the two episodes.  I watch both of them last night.  I am going to try and stick mainly to the characters themselves.

The newbie...Devin(I can remember his name, it's my sons.  haha)  I didn't realize at first that he was going to be like the Carter(ER) of this show.  It seems like all of the previews showed us Conrad, so I thought he was The Resident.  But he is the teacher...he is the antigonist.  I actually like how they did that.  

Conrad...I like this actor.  It's nice to see him in something new. I have been looking for him since The Good Wife left the air.  I like how Nurse Nik described him. I like him too! He was Logan on Gilmore Girls :-)

Nurse Nik...there is something about her that doesn't feel very nurse like.  I think Devin hit on that second episode.  Why isn't she a doctor??  I can see the whole getting her Doctorate in Nursing(my niece is currently doing that) and usually the nurses getting everything to work because they are the center but she almost seems to in control of everything.  But I guess that is true...that is what it was like when my dad was in the heart hospital. - I was trying to figure out what she does until that scene.

Doctor Bell...What a jerk.  So self-centered.  You want him to get found out for killing patients.  And it was interesting to watch Conrad manipulating him because he knew that Bell would want to WIN!!!  I am wondering if we are going to see him kill someone and let go from the hospital. I can see the other doctor, the oncologist (Melina K's character) kind of like this as well. Especially during the scenes with her oncology patient. Plus it looks like she's good friends with Dr. Bell.

Doctor Hunter...I want to like this Doctor, because I like the actress.  But I don't see that happening now that we know that she is all about making money for her research.  I think there's more to her than meets the eye. After she was so hardcore, I was a little suprised to see her laughing and smiling at the end when they were out at the bar.

I think this show is going to make me a little bit nervous about seeing doctors...it has more of a we are not going to save everyone feel to it.  Plus, with everything with the doctors manipulating things behind the scenes that makes me nervous too.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:26 AM

I always have a hard time keeping characters straight in the beginning too.  Usually I open IMBD to that episode so I can see names.  Otherwise I always have to write descriptions and that can get confusing too.

Quoting momoftwobugs: So far I like it. I'm still trying to get characters straight so can't comment on specifics yet lol.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:32 AM

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Due to football on Sunday night, I missed the first episode. I thought last night's episode was the preview because all the commercials kept saying so. Since it was scheduled to come on at 10pm (CST), I was thinking they just it to Monday. So I will have to catch up on the first episode.  ---That was confusing.  The Alienist also "premiered" on Sunday but then replayed the episode on Monday.  I had no clue what they were doing so I actually recorded both of these shows on Sunday and Monday because I wasn't sure if both episodes would be new or a repeat of Sunday.

Quoting pixie124:

Conrad...I like this actor.  It's nice to see him in something new. I have been looking for him since The Good Wife left the air.  I like how Nurse Nik described him. I like him too! He was Logan on Gilmore Girls :-)

Nurse Nik...there is something about her that doesn't feel very nurse like.  I think Devin hit on that second episode.  Why isn't she a doctor??  I can see the whole getting her Doctorate in Nursing(my niece is currently doing that) and usually the nurses getting everything to work because they are the center but she almost seems to in control of everything.  But I guess that is true...that is what it was like when my dad was in the heart hospital. - I was trying to figure out what she does until that scene.---Since you missed the first episode it makes it hard.  The first episode lets you know that she is a nurse.  She doesn't really act like a nurse and so the confusion kind of comes from there.

Doctor Bell...What a jerk.  So self-centered.  You want him to get found out for killing patients.  And it was interesting to watch Conrad manipulating him because he knew that Bell would want to WIN!!!  I am wondering if we are going to see him kill someone and let go from the hospital. I can see the other doctor, the oncologist (Melina K's character) kind of like this as well. Especially during the scenes with her oncology patient. Plus it looks like she's good friends with Dr. Bell.---Yes, those two are cohorts aren't they.  And I think Devin is learning that the two people he looked up to and has always admired(and since you missed the first episode you missed how disappointed he was to not work with Doctor Bell) are not as wonderful as the pedistal he put them on.

Doctor Hunter...I want to like this Doctor, because I like the actress.  But I don't see that happening now that we know that she is all about making money for her research.  I think there's more to her than meets the eye. After she was so hardcore, I was a little suprised to see her laughing and smiling at the end when they were out at the bar. ---Doctor Hunter is the Melina K.  I can't remember what this doctor's name was...started with an O I think.

momoftwobugs
by Member on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:56 AM
I never thought about using IMDB. That's a great idea!!

Quoting pixie124:

I always have a hard time keeping characters straight in the beginning too.  Usually I open IMBD to that episode so I can see names.  Otherwise I always have to write descriptions and that can get confusing too.

Quoting momoftwobugs: So far I like it. I'm still trying to get characters straight so can't comment on specifics yet lol.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 24, 2018 at 4:54 PM

I will be honest....the first few episodes of a new show I end up having IMDB open so if they don't say their name I can know who it is.  It takes me forever to learn names sometimes.

Quoting momoftwobugs: I never thought about using IMDB. That's a great idea!!
Quoting pixie124:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)