Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Timeless(4/15)

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:33 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 255 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://tvline.com/2018/04/15/timeless-recap-season-2-episode-5-jfk-visits-future/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:45 PM

I'm behind.   2-3 episodes, I'm not sure how many I've missed.   

The last one I saw was when they found out Wyatt's wife was still alive.

Quoting pixie124:

http://tvline.com/2018/04/15/timeless-recap-season-2-episode-5-jfk-visits-future/

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:38 PM

I’m caught up to this one. Thought it was really well done. Very interesting with them bringing JFK to the future and how they delt with it.

Though I’m still not sure where they’re going with the wife back thing. Don’t want to spoil anything for you if you haven’t seen what goes on this episode in regards to it, but it’s pretty confusing still.

I have felt that they should have never gone down the Wyatt & Lucy ship road anyway and now with his wife back, the writers are having to back out of it. Maybe they were afraid of the Moonlighting curse, who knows? But now it’s just weird & uncomfortable.

Hoping we at least get to see what brought her back.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 18, 2018 at 8:26 PM

I LOVE that you used the Moonlighting curse as an example!   It's such a perfect example of how keeping it all to that chemistry and wanting, but never quite getting there thing is SO much better than putting the together and the snooze fest begins.

Quoting scapermom:

I have felt that they should have never gone down the Wyatt & Lucy ship road anyway and now with his wife back, the writers are having to back out of it. Maybe they were afraid of the Moonlighting curse, who knows? But now it’s just weird & uncomfortable.

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2018 at 7:08 AM

Thanks. It’s been something I’ve noticed through my years of tv watching. I was very into Moonlighting when it was on, so became aware of how the momentum of a show can be ruined by a ‘happy resolution’. The worst was what they did in Castle IMO. They were so afraid of ‘the curse’ that they way over compensated and made a convoluted mess of the story line. I wish they would have just gone with it & let the chips fall, maybe the show would have lasted longer?

Timeless is interesting because not only have they brought in the idea that one thing they do in the past can change the future, but they’re also showing the other side with Rufus & Jiya - where she’s having the visions and no matter what Rufus does or says, the original thing (death of the person) happens (maybe in a different way, but the end result is the same). SO I wonder if that will be the case with Wyatt’s wife, or did Rittenhouse do something to change that effect somehow? 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I LOVE that you used the Moonlighting curse as an example!   It's such a perfect example of how keeping it all to that chemistry and wanting, but never quite getting there thing is SO much better than putting the together and the snooze fest begins.

Quoting scapermom:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:55 PM

Quoting scapermom:

Thanks. It’s been something I’ve noticed through my years of tv watching. I was very into Moonlighting when it was on, so became aware of how the momentum of a show can be ruined by a ‘happy resolution’. The worst was what they did in Castle IMO. They were so afraid of ‘the curse’ that they way over compensated and made a convoluted mess of the story line. I wish they would have just gone with it & let the chips fall, maybe the show would have lasted longer?  You're right.  Castle really mucked that up and made such a huge mess of it.  :(

Timeless is interesting because not only have they brought in the idea that one thing they do in the past can change the future, but they’re also showing the other side with Rufus & Jiya - where she’s having the visions and no matter what Rufus does or says, the original thing (death of the person) happens (maybe in a different way, but the end result is the same). SO I wonder if that will be the case with Wyatt’s wife, or did Rittenhouse do something to change that effect somehow?    I have found that the Jiya stuff is really interesting.  It's hard for Rufus - to know is stresful, to not know is stressful.     

As for Wyatt's wife?  I just don't trust her.  Yes, she seemed genuinely surprised when she learned about time travel, but then she seemed to take to it too easily.  She also knew who the head honcho guy was and was pretty blown away to meet him.  I just dunno - something doesn't smell right for me there. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:59 PM

I'm finally caught up - to 4/22 episode, so stop reading if you haven't gotten that far.

I also hope that we find out how and why Wyatt's wife is back. I just feel like there's a bigger story here and it might end up being part of our finale.   Like a big reveal.   It's just that she could also be Rittenhouse - it has been 6 years???? 

Okay so what I wanted to talk about was Flynn.  I LOVE his character.  I truly believe this show needs this edgy character to keep it from getting too boring.   Flynn just adds that something something that keeps everyone on their toes.   He also has amazing chemistry with Lucy.  I loved when she went to him at the end of 4/22's episode with her bottle of Vodka.  Of course she's going to want to know more about what he knows about her.  He seems to "GET" her and that has to be attractive to her.  AND he showed her that book/journal the first time he met her (episode 1, season 1), so I'm glad they're bringing that back up.

Quoting scapermom:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 24, 2018 at 8:24 AM

Part of me has always wondered if they were going to go towards Lucy and Flynn in a relationship.  They have great chemistry and I have just seen it going that direction from the beginning.  Maybe that is why they decided to switch it up and have it Wyatt and Lucy.  At this point I think they can easily back off of the Wyatt and Lucy romance if Lucy starts navigating her way towards Flynn(which I still feel like that is going to happen).  And then Wyatt would end up with his wife.

Quoting scapermom:

I’m caught up to this one. Thought it was really well done. Very interesting with them bringing JFK to the future and how they delt with it.

Though I’m still not sure where they’re going with the wife back thing. Don’t want to spoil anything for you if you haven’t seen what goes on this episode in regards to it, but it’s pretty confusing still.  

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 24, 2018 at 1:37 PM

Quoting pixie124:

Part of me has always wondered if they were going to go towards Lucy and Flynn in a relationship.  They have great chemistry and I have just seen it going that direction from the beginning.  Maybe that is why they decided to switch it up and have it Wyatt and Lucy.  At this point I think they can easily back off of the Wyatt and Lucy romance if Lucy starts navigating her way towards Flynn(which I still feel like that is going to happen).  And then Wyatt would end up with his wife.   I'm just so skeptical about Lucy.  I just don't feel this working out well.   The team certainly didn't need a 4th, but now the time machine has a 4th seat (LOL).   I feel like she could have something to do with Rittenhouse.   Or they'll change history again and she'll die anyway (you know how no matter what Rufus does, the people STILL end up dying?).   Maybe she's not really Lucy?  Hmm.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 25, 2018 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't watch the 4/22 episode until after I commented earlier so I avoided this answer.

I think we will eventually find out how Jessica came back.  I think you are right that it's going to be in the finale...like the oh crap moment.

I still think something is going to happen between Flynn and Lucy.  I just think it's there.  Part of me thinks that vodka might a brought on a couple of sparks that we are not going to be aware about for another couple of episodes.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I'm finally caught up - to 4/22 episode, so stop reading if you haven't gotten that far.

I also hope that we find out how and why Wyatt's wife is back. I just feel like there's a bigger story here and it might end up being part of our finale.   Like a big reveal.   It's just that she could also be Rittenhouse - it has been 6 years???? 

Okay so what I wanted to talk about was Flynn.  I LOVE his character.  I truly believe this show needs this edgy character to keep it from getting too boring.   Flynn just adds that something something that keeps everyone on their toes.   He also has amazing chemistry with Lucy.  I loved when she went to him at the end of 4/22's episode with her bottle of Vodka.  Of course she's going to want to know more about what he knows about her.  He seems to "GET" her and that has to be attractive to her.  AND he showed her that book/journal the first time he met her (episode 1, season 1), so I'm glad they're bringing that back up.

Quoting scapermom:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 25, 2018 at 7:38 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

Part of me has always wondered if they were going to go towards Lucy and Flynn in a relationship.  They have great chemistry and I have just seen it going that direction from the beginning.  Maybe that is why they decided to switch it up and have it Wyatt and Lucy.  At this point I think they can easily back off of the Wyatt and Lucy romance if Lucy starts navigating her way towards Flynn(which I still feel like that is going to happen).  And then Wyatt would end up with his wife.   I'm just so skeptical about Lucy.  I just don't feel this working out well.   The team certainly didn't need a 4th, but now the time machine has a 4th seat (LOL).   I feel like she could have something to do with Rittenhouse.   Or they'll change history again and she'll die anyway (you know how no matter what Rufus does, the people STILL end up dying?).   Maybe she's not really Lucy?  Hmm.  ---Are you talking about Jessica(Wyatt's wife)?  I am confused about the dying bit.  I could see maybe Rittenhouse changing out Lucy with a different one but I wouldn't think she was dead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)