Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BUY STUFF YOU DON’T NEED

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 79 Total Views

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BUY STUFF YOU DON’T NEED
I know this sounds completely backwards…
“If I am trying to save money why would I spend money on stuff I don’t need , use or want?”
Let me explain why this works.
For example: At Schnucks Grocery Store they had Ziploc Bags for $1.49 and the also issued $1/1 Coupons for each box, but on top of that, for every 3 boxes that you bought you received a $2 Catalina Coupon (coupons that print from a machine next to the register) which was good for $2 your next Schnucks purchase! So I buy 3 boxes @ $1.49, use (3) $1/1 Coupons, receive a $2 Catalina Coupon for my next purchase… Well then that makes every three boxes a $.53 Money Maker, (and to top it off, there is a $5 mail in rebate for each 3 that I buy, making every 3 boxes up to 9 a $5.53 Money maker)! I then used the Catalina Coupons to buy meat and dairy for our family which it’s hard to find coupons for those items!
Alot of times I will buy items that I don’t need so that I can get items that I do need a lot cheaper or FREE. This happens a lot at Walgreens with the Register Rewards! The items that I don’t need or want, I simply donate to the food pantry or other organization! This in turn creates a tax deduction when you donate to a charitable organization!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
workathome1
by COUPON DIVA on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Thanks

evanaudrey
by New COUPON CLIPPER on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

great way of thinking. I have gotten out of couponing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)