Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coupon Basics- So Where Do I Start?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 69 Total Views

Coupon Basics- So Where Do I Start?

You have to crawl before you walk… I’d suggest starting off slow and get your footing when beginning to coupon.  What does that entail?  Well here what I would suggest…

Start with 1 or 2 local store that you frequent.  You can always increase as time allows, but start small so that you don’t become overwhelmed with the process!

Start gathering newspaper inserts, printing coupons, and/or clipping coupons for items that you may use/need. As we mentioned before, there are several resources where you can grab coupons, so take advantage if you can!  And remember, most printable coupons can be printed twice! 

Begin reviewing the store’s weekly ads to see what’s on sale, etc. Once you start getting comfortable with using coupons and purchasing items in this fashion, you can start increasing the amount of coupons that you collect (eg. find/purchase several newspaper inserts, and printing out multiple coupons).  Slow and steady wins the race… no need to jump in and try to score BIG on your first “go” at it, it’ll almost always lead to “coupon frustration”.

Big savings take time (and effort), so the more you put into it, the more you’ll get out of it!

To keep yourself organized and to prevent becoming overwhelmed, you’ll want to figure out a coupling system that works best for you.

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO STORE/KEEP MY COUPONS?
It really depends on your personal organization habits.  Whether it’s in dated folders, binders, envelopes or a combination of the sorts… organization is key!  You need to keep them in a manner that will allow you to get to the coupon of interest FAST!

Keeping the coupon and coupon insert organized by name and date works best for me. So when you see on my posts 7/19 SS this stands for the Smart Source Coupon Insert from July 19th. This way you can just print shopping lists from my site and head over to your coupon inserts and just clip the ones you need!

Good luck and HAPPY COUPONING!!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
workathome1
by COUPON DIVA on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)