Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi new to the group .  I have a question i used opks. And  my lmp was 3/05 and i got a positive opk on 3/27. I finally got a positve pregnancy test on 4/06 . Today i went to the dr but all he could see was a sac barely starting to form on the ultrasound. Is that normal according to my dates? I forgot to tell him i didnt get a positive opk until 3/27. Hes going by my lmp . So according to it i would be 5 weeks. But according to when i ovulated i would only be like 3 right??? I really dont know im clueless any help is much appreciated.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Turtledoves
by Representative on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say that's normal. Until 6 weeks, it's really hard to see much of anything at all. As long as there's something there like the sac, then it should be fine.

mrsary
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
a transvaginal ultrasound "should" pick up a fetal pole in the sac. A regular tummy ultrasound won't pick up much of anything that early, other than a sac.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abdie2005
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
He did both . The one on my belly he couldn't pick anything up . And the transvaginal is should like a sac barely forming
mrsary
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Then I agree with the 1st post. Try waiting it out a few more weeks.
abdie2005
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I hope so I go back in two weeks for another ultrasound .
Tinyhourglass
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a vaginal us at 5 weeks 2 days & there was only a sac. No fetal pole yet. I would say just forming for around 3 weeks is normal.

SrkStrickland
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not super knowledgable of early ultra sounds but I wanted to say good luck!!

abdie2005
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Thank you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)