Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HAVE something to SAY!!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 18 Replies
4 moms liked this

DO NOT let ANYONE tell you how to live your life or what is or is not good for you!

I have come to a realization! It never occurred to me before but something happened with my Grandfather that opened my eyes.

I almost made a HUGE decision after the birth of my last baby. I schedule a tubal, saying I was done and didn't want anymore children. Time got closer and closer and I ended up chickening out...THANK GOODNESS! I am very young, I have lots of little ones. I am told constantly how I don't need anymore. Everytime I get pregnant again everyone is in shock, wondering why. Everyone kept telling me I should be done, that I had enough. Everytime that I go out in public I have someone say "BOY! You've got your hands full!" People stare. Well, guess what!! I am an AMAZING mother and I ADORE every minute of my crazy life and my wonderful children! Yes, things get chaotic and crazy sometimes but there's never a dull moment and I always enjoy every minute I have with my many babies! I have a hard time telling people "No" or "Where to go and how to get there", so it is not an easy thing for me to do, but I think I'm finally ready to tell everyone to SHOVE IT! I am having more babies because I want them and I love them and they are all blessings and that's how I want to live my life. I LOVE my big family  :) We all treasure it and always will!

I am so glad I followed my heart and didn't make a terrible, permanent decision that would have caused me heartache and regret later in life.

So don't listen to anyone! Don't make the mistakes I have been making for years! Follow your heart :)

And thank you for letting me vent! HAHA. I feel better!

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree! =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abdie2005
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Well said .
Kittie26
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM

That is an awesome attitude. You know, I never understand people when they say they're done having kids and then they get fixed. Both of my sisters had tubals after their last babies and were at peace with those decisions. I don't think I ever could. I always want that option open until nature takes it away from me naturally!

Tinyhourglass
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM

You go girl!!! That's  a great attitude, only you live your life and know what is good for you. I'm sure I'll have alot of input from outsiders too because I'm 41 and no longer having  kids with my ex. Too bad if they don't like . I love my life. I'm a mom. Have been since I got pregnant at 14 and good willing I will welcome another little one at 42. 

mommyto7lw
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I agree and can relate being preg with number 8,people STOP saying congrats,and start talking behind your back,and i have a few tell me,you reallydont need anymore.its no one business but Gods.

vabeachbaby4
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I agree 100%. I am almost 28 and I just found out I am pregnant with baby #5. People are like you are going to need a school bus for all those kids. Its my life not theirs. Yes it can get chaotic but I love it just as you do. My youngest is 10 months so im not sure how I am going to handle 2 in diapers but one day at a time. :)

ZombyMommy
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Damn skippy! When I was young I was told to never have more than one child because I was raised as an only child and I would never be able to handle it. I'm not ttc #3. Granted, we lost DS in 2008 so DD has been an only child for the last 4 years but those two years we had them together we amazing. I can't wait to get back to that. 

My family judges me for having another baby after losing DS but his illness was not my fault. It took me a long time to accept that. We fought a hard battle with him and he is still with me. I feel that he supports us. 

5PointedHuman
by Mouse Due 21/12 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

How old are you and how many wee ones do you have? I am 21 and this is my 3rd. After this baby is a few months old, we're adopting from the foster care system :)

lovelikethis721
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
That is an awesome attitude to have! I'm still being chicken and haven't tested but DFs family is already pushing for him to get snipped once this baby is born because 2 is enough for us. My family just keeps asking why we didn't wait until our not quite 2 year old is going to school full time so that there's a "good" age gap between kids. My response to everything is that were doing what we feel is best for our family and to just back off and let us worry about how many children we can handle and when/if we want to add to our family.
OnlyAwesomeness
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Very well said!!!!!!!! :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN