Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Addicted to Pregnancy

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

One of my sisters claims I'm addicted to pregnancy because this is our fifth child. 

You know, I think she's right. There's just something that's SO fun and delightful and... I don't know, ADDICTIVE about throwing up every single thing I eat or drink. Who WOULDN'T want that?!  I mean, really, I feel *sorry* for all of you who aren't vomiting this much. It's epic. 

*end sarcasm here

People are so crazy that I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I may do both. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Representative on May. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM

LOL! Well, I have people who say I "make up" my sickness because they were never sick once. Yeah, please come over here a little closer so I can puke all over your shoes. Then you can decide if it's "fake puke that's all in your head" or real puke. Seriously. 

5PointedHuman
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM

People say the silliest things...

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on May. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

People say the dumbest things! WOW!

Quoting Turtledoves:

LOL! Well, I have people who say I "make up" my sickness because they were never sick once. Yeah, please come over here a little closer so I can puke all over your shoes. Then you can decide if it's "fake puke that's all in your head" or real puke. Seriously. 

byronswife8808
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

im sorry your family is lame  your inlaws and sister now...family should be supportive no matter what

mommyto7lw
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

This is my 8th baby,and I HATE be pegnant but,love my kids :)

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM

LMAO. 

I was like 

"Uhm how the hell are you addicted to pregnancy?"

Although I think the Duggars are addicted to pregnancies.

EmmeBee
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I never told her to her face, but I think my friend is addicted to babies (not pregnancy, but babies).  Everytime one ages out of that little baby stage, she claims to miss it and starts cooing over others' newborns.  Meanwhile the kids she has...well...er...there are 6 of them now, and I do feel the older ones are a bit neglected.  IMO, when you have a kid, you have to love every stage equally, isn't that your job as a parent?

Not only that, but she does not have the finances for 6 kids.  She complains to me that she cannot afford to eat healthy, to buy christmas presents (although she always manages this one), to send the kids on field trips or whatnot.  But you can afford to have more kids?  I don't judge her, but I do have my opinions (which I don't tell her to her face). 

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on May. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM

haha loved the sarcasm!  People are ridiculous...

CafeMom Tickers
aireeno
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
You know my sister, who has no kids, and doesn't know yet that I'm pregnant, came to visit a couple weeks ago. And somehow, my husband said something about needing a break or something along those lines and she, very snottily, said "Well John, if you need a break, maybe you should stop having kids!" My husband was pretty put out. My mom is always supportive because like she says "it's no one's business how many kids you have, as long as you are there raising them and caring for them." Which we are. I rarely ask for a sitter for them and I try to not leave them all if I can help it. They are 4 little boys, they are rowdy, messy and noisy. Lol.
CLG122
by on May. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Ugh.  I firmly believe that comments like that are grounded in jealousy.  I hear a lot of "you're having ANOTHER one?!" and all I can hear behind the words are jealousy and sadness because the person doesn't have any children yet or wished they had had more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)