Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a baby and a 2 1/2 year old share a room??

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 22 Replies
So we rent out our entire upstairs because its basically an apartment minus the kitchen. We have 2 bedrooms downstairs though. One is ours and one is DD. for the first couple months I imagine baby will sleep in our room... But eventually baby will need to start sleeping in a crib and there is no way a crib with for into my bedroom. So I plan on having DD and the new baby share. Is that a silly idea? I can't really think of another option :( any ideas?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Representative on May. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I don't think that's silly at all. You do what you have to do.

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I personally think its silly.

But you do what you have to do.

Id personally never ever put a newborn in with a toddler.
kygoodsell89
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My daugheter was 18 months old when my son was born, we had them sharing a room when he was 6 months old and its been perfect

kygoodsell89
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM

i should mention, my daughter was already in a toddler bed and able to be up and moving.. she never bothered him.. and he was already sleeping through the night so he didnt bother her

NatyRod
by nataly on May. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Just because toddlers are very curious and spontaneous, idk if it would a good idea to have them in the same room with a baby. (Just because sometimes they don't know their limitations).
Turtledoves
by Representative on May. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I plan to move DD and this baby together when the baby is about a year old (Baby stays with us in the bedroom for about a year). DD will be 2 1/2 when baby is born.

TheyAreMyLoves
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest daughter was 19 months old when my youngest daughter was born. My youngest slept in our room in a bassenet for the first couple months and then she shared a room with her older sister.
Never had a single problem.
5PointedHuman
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I have no advice to give from personal experience, as my kids room with me until they're over the age of 2. I feel it would depend greatly upon the toddler's personality and how they have adjusted to the new baby.

tyrelsmom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Can you fit a pack and play in your room? I'd prefer not to put a baby and a toddler together. I did with my two oldest for a bit and we all got way less sleep, lol. Otherwise I'd definitely suggest maxing out a bassinet before moving baby out of your room.
MorningValley
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Lol well I sure hope so.   I think any kids can share a room at any age.  I think our society has gotten way off on the own room and what not.   We were watching little house on the prairie the other day and one family had a 14 yr old boy, 10 year old boy and 6 year old girl sharing a room....that's all the room they had.  And the actual ingalls family eventually had 5 kids, 1 boy 4 girls and they had one loft for the kids and one side room for the parents.

anyway off my soap box.  My 8&4 year old boys share a room and I'm moving my daughter in as soon as she sleeps through the night.  The baby will be in our room until it is one probably.   It will either move into its own room until it sleeps through the night and then move into the room with the rest of the kids or it and my daughter, who will be 20 months older, will share a room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)