Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What scares me the most...

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 15 Replies

What scares me the most is remembering how many preemies were in my last due date group. We were all due in or around February. Then October came, and a lady had her twins at 23 weeks. They held on for several days, but eventually passed. Before her babies left this life, another 2 had given birth. I hope that we're all able to keep our little ones in for as long as need be. I couldn't imagine giving birth in August.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorningValley
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM

August would be terrible!  That's jut way too early!  Poor things.   October wouldn't be as bad if hype ended up with a premie but August would be so so scary.  

my sister is a nicu nurse and has some crazy stories.  She's started having to help during the births of premies and she says its really scary.

5PointedHuman
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I could not imagine how awful that threat is. You're excited and joyous, you made it through the early stages, only to be confronted with something worse :/ 
Being a NICU nurse/doctor must be a serious drain. 

Quoting MorningValley:

August would be terrible!  That's jut way too early!  Poor things.   October wouldn't be as bad if hype ended up with a premie but August would be so so scary.  

my sister is a nicu nurse and has some crazy stories.  She's started having to help during the births of premies and she says its really scary.

Azure
by Representative on May. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

That would be truly terrible. I really hope no one has a preemie, but a few probably will. :(

Turtledoves
by Representative on May. 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Yes, preemies are scary, hopefully we'll have some luck. In my last due date group, there weren't many preemies at all, and none in the scary 20some weeks. We have some in our family though, identical twins born at 26 weeks and another born at 25 weeks, but they're all amazingly well now and pulled through great. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on May. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM
As a NICU nurse, you definitely have your fair share of "bad" days. But to me, it's also one of the most rewarding careers. It has, however, made me all that more paranoid, knowing some of the things that can happen.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

I could not imagine how awful that threat is. You're excited and joyous, you made it through the early stages, only to be confronted with something worse :/ 

Quoting MorningValley:

tyrelsmom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM
In my last ddg we got pretty lucky. Earliest was 29 weeks.
CLG122
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Annnnndddd let's not talk about it.

Lol!

There have been truly awful things happen in each of my due date groups.  Some worse then others :( 

Everyone is going to be just fine!!

5PointedHuman
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Bless you. You do the work I could never dream of. I didn't mean to sound rude, and I'm sorry if I did. I just have a habit of projecting my own limitations on other people, which is a crappy thing to do. 

Quoting LeapBaby123:

As a NICU nurse, you definitely have your fair share of "bad" days. But to me, it's also one of the most rewarding careers. It has, however, made me all that more paranoid, knowing some of the things that can happen.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Quoting MorningValley:

5PointedHuman
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I hope for even better luck for all of us here!

Quoting tyrelsmom:

In my last ddg we got pretty lucky. Earliest was 29 weeks.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on May. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM
No, no, no, I didn't think you we're rude at all. Being a NICU nurse is a hard job, and I know it's not for everyone. I also know that lots of people have the same attitude you do about it (not a bad thing, but I think people get so caught up in how sad it can be, instead of focusing on the fact that we send more babies home healthy than not) I love my job, and love what I do. :)

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Bless you. You do the work I could never dream of. I didn't mean to sound rude, and I'm sorry if I did. I just have a habit of projecting my own limitations on other people, which is a crappy thing to do. 

Quoting LeapBaby123:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Quoting MorningValley:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)