Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little vent. hopefully it helps

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
So super stressed at the moment! Our rent is due in a few days, we don't have much for food at all. I kean we pretty much have granola bars, tator tots, n a few odds and ends that would never go together. Dh is struggling with work right now. He does odd and end jobs til he finds something permanent. He has been looking for quite a while n has had interveiws but no call backs. Then when he calls them they get mad at him. He has even been to any McDonald's that is hiring here and got nowhere. Now I know everything will be ok in the end. Our food stamps will be there on the 5th n the money will either come through at the last minute or we will beable to find help just right now I'm feelin frenzied.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nshearon
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I'm so sorry hon. I wish I could help. I was going to suggest food stamps. Are you on WIC? It doesn't provide a ton but it'll help. I know it's not easy to not stress but try not to. Are there any food banks around that you could get essentials until your food stamps come through? I hope he can find something soon!
mrsary
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Oh wow... that sucks!
JenC447
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Can you find a church that has a food pantry? They are a great help in a pinch!!!

TLIF1281
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I stopped getting wic because they give way too much milk now n we never got the milk anyway because I don't drink it n neither does dh. It is rare when I want milk n when I do we get a half gallon of organic. I like the taste so much more. The organic is tolerable for me. Not a milk fan lol. I love yogurt so I get my dairy there so noone worry ok. Lol! I don't eat the eggs either. I just feel like I'm waisting it cuz when it's all said n done we only use the fruit n veggie voucher n that's 10 dollars every 2 weeks. The food pantries here are out til the first n certain ones eill only serve certain areas. That has only happened one other time that we know of since we moved here a year ago. Then we found out they had unusual amounts of people in need. I wish we could go back to the couponing but coupons are slim pickings hete. I did it for 2 years before moving here. Noone doubles coupons here and store sales are few n far between. When we did that we had atleast 10 dollars leftover when the stamps renewed and we were getting less stamps at the time.

Quoting nshearon:

I'm so sorry hon. I wish I could help. I was going to suggest food stamps. Are you on WIC? It doesn't provide a ton but it'll help. I know it's not easy to not stress but try not to. Are there any food banks around that you could get essentials until your food stamps come through? I hope he can find something soon!
TLIF1281
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Lol. Yep sure does. Sorry just the way you put that I got a laugh out of. Thanx.

Quoting mrsary:

Oh wow... that sucks!
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on May. 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I am so sorry. Have you tried local churches or food banks? Pray it all works out for you.

Azure
by Representative on May. 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Does your state have a "fare for all" type thing? MN does where you can get certain groceries for pretty cheap. Might want to look into that. 

Don't worry. Everything will be ok. Sending you and your family lots  of positive thoughts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)