Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated! Doctor won't take me!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

So as you all know this baby was not planned and we were mentally preventing...if you don't know my story its long so pm me if your interested.

anyway so I called the doctor that I really like and delivered my second.  He would delver my second because he was full for at month and couldn't take anyone else due that month. So I went to this midwife.  I didn't like her very much but she was the only one anyone would give me info on.  Anyway, I don't like any of the midwives in that office so I wanted to change back to the doctor who delivered my second.

he is accepting new patients and has openings for edds in December.  But even though he's delivered one of mine he won't take me because I'm on Medicaid!!

im really up set because I don't know who else to go to and every time I ask anyone ey tell me the midwife office I want to leave!!

i really need to find out when I'm due since I never got a period after my miscarriage and that doctor office (of the doctor I wanted to go to) was really concerned about that for some reason.

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02
Jency Paul Douglas 6/30/05
Tesher Robert Walter 12/31/08
Zerah Janae Lyn 3/26/12
Angel babies edd 10/22/08, 11/21/11, 10/20/13                                                                                         Happened again :/ EDD 12/30/13

by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on May. 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Oh wow! That is messed up. I heard,obey matters, take a walk. What happened to first do no harm?
Have you thought about oohb or hb?
Harris06
by Megan on May. 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Does Medicaid not give you a list of doctors offices that you can go to? At this point I would google OB's in your area and see what comes up and from there just start calling. Sorry you're having troubles finding a doctor.

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

CLG122
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I'm sorry :(  We have both insurance through DH's work and Medicaid.  They recently sent me a huge list of providers that accept Medicaid, but mine was on there anyway so no change here.

I would call your Medicaid office and tell them you need a list for your county.  Sorry dear!  You have lots of time to find someone you like, though!

MorningValley
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I want a hb but median wont cover it and if they find out you pay any medical out of pocket they will make you pay back anything they've ever covered for you.  

Quoting Baby4us09:

Oh wow! That is messed up. I heard,obey matters, take a walk. What happened to first do no harm?

Zerah Janae Lyn 3/26/12
Angel babies edd 10/22/08, 11/21/11, 10/20/13                                                                                         Happened again :/ EDD 12/30/13

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

What medicaid do you have?

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:03 PM

That's not true. 

Because with some you have a co pay

Quoting MorningValley:

I want a hb but median wont cover it and if they find out you pay any medical out of pocket they will make you pay back anything they've ever covered for you.  

Quoting Baby4us09:

Azure
by Representative on May. 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm really sorry. That sounds horrible. I don't really have suggestions, but I'm sending you positive thoughts.

MorningValley
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Guess I didn't realize there was different kind.  I know we are on Rocky Mountain HMO Medicaid.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Zerah Janae Lyn 3/26/12

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Like medical assistance? 

What state are you in?

Quoting MorningValley:

Guess I didn't realize there was different kind.  I know we are on Rocky Mountain HMO Medicaid.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

MorningValley
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Colorado

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)