Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just in case

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 16 Replies

I need to end up havinga c section (don't plan on it) what has been your protocol in your hospital? I have had so many bad experiences with nurses and doctors I am so fed up. I have had a nurse (thinking I was drugged and out of it) comment on things that she should never even said ANYWHERE! I still remember her name. I have had students touch me even tho I have said NO! I have had doctors degrade me. It has been terrible.

I got 6 weeks after c sections (military) I have a parent here saying 8 weeks for a c section. HOw does it or has it goes for you? I looked up some . Some say 6 some say 8. I wish I had 8 weeks. I took an extra two weeks I think, don't remember. With the first one. Second it was 6 weeks.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xo.LOVES.Xo
by Elizabeth on May. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Bump, I haven't had a c-section but I would be very bothered by students touching me when I said no..

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on May. 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM

MIlitary. Gotta love it. I felt all along the way I had no rights. When I go in for my appt on the 18th it will be intreasting. I don't even want them to schedule a c section for me. I am not sure when they do that but don't even want to bother with it. I will be very opinionated and will hold my ground. I am tired of being run over by doctors and medical staff! I feel bad for who tries to trump what I want to do with my own body! It may not be good for either of us, lol.  I have learned a lot in the last 12 years. Good, bad and ugly and I put all tha tin my box to use it now. :)

Quoting Xo.LOVES.Xo:

Bump, I haven't had a c-section but I would be very bothered by students touching me when I said no..

Xo.LOVES.Xo
by Elizabeth on May. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I hate military doctors, I am actually really lucky because they don't deal with anything pregnancy related on base so I get to see civilian doctors. If I was stuck with a military OB I would honestly be trying my hardest to get far away from them! 

Not pregnancy related but I was having a bunch if health problems a few years ago and military doctors kept telling me I was faking and what not (I was passing out, yeah who wants to fake that?!) then finally after almost 2 years, I got to see a GOOD civilian doctor that found out I needed heart surgery. Stupid military doctors..they never even really checked, just wanted to make me seem crazy. 

Quoting Baby4us09:

MIlitary. Gotta love it. I felt all along the way I had no rights. When I go in for my appt on the 18th it will be intreasting. I don't even want them to schedule a c section for me. I am not sure when they do that but don't even want to bother with it. I will be very opinionated and will hold my ground. I am tired of being run over by doctors and medical staff! I feel bad for who tries to trump what I want to do with my own body! It may not be good for either of us, lol.  I have learned a lot in the last 12 years. Good, bad and ugly and I put all tha tin my box to use it now. :)

Quoting Xo.LOVES.Xo:

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on May. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I like the corpsman better. Military docs some good most bad.

Quoting Xo.LOVES.Xo:

I hate military doctors, I am actually really lucky because they don't deal with anything pregnancy related on base so I get to see civilian doctors. If I was stuck with a military OB I would honestly be trying my hardest to get far away from them! 

Not pregnancy related but I was having a bunch if health problems a few years ago and military doctors kept telling me I was faking and what not (I was passing out, yeah who wants to fake that?!) then finally after almost 2 years, I got to see a GOOD civilian doctor that found out I needed heart surgery. Stupid military doctors..they never even really checked, just wanted to make me seem crazy. 

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting Xo.LOVES.Xo:

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM

If you say no and it is done anyway, they are breaking the law; file complaints and keep moving higher up in management if need be.

And here's a bump; I know very little about c-sections.

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on May. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Thought I had at least 8 maybe more? Ds was born June 21 and I went back the last week of August... So 8ish I suppose
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on May. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Students?

Quoting Gonzo318:

Thought I had at least 8 maybe more? Ds was born June 21 and I went back the last week of August... So 8ish I suppose
TLIF1281
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Hospitals have gotten rediculous. Some docs to. I moved a lot with my last pregnancy n had really bad morning sickness n had to go to whatever hospital was close for iv fluids n I had a doc suggest I was just looking for attention. Ya cuz I just loooove having a needle shoved in n moved around in my vein. Smh! Thank god my ms is not quite so bad this time.
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jun. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM
No 8 weeks off work after the csection is that what you were asking? I've never (knock on wood) had to deal with students

Quoting Baby4us09:

Students?

Quoting Gonzo318:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Azure
by Representative on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM

When I had my unnecessary c-section DH wasn't allowed to be with me until I was set up in the OR. Since I don't trust many people I was freaking out and almost had a panic attack. They put that blue sheet up and tied my hands down and then I started freaking out. I do not like being restrained. DH talked me through it, but it was a horrible experience. I couldn't hold my baby and they wouldn't "let" me for hours, saying the meds made me too shaky, which would probably have ben true if I'd been standing, but why couldn't he lay on my chest when DH was right there if I needed help? Horrible experience and I will panic if I have to have another c-section, ever. 

I took six weeks off after my c-section and it wasn't enough. I had various people tell me "You didn't even really give birth, anyway", and it was just horrible all around. I'm really surprised I didn't suffer postpartum depression. 

Eleven years later (to the date, it's our eldest son's birthday) and my c-section scar still bothers me. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)