Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of the Week-MacMamaof5!

Posted by   + Show Post

Drum roll please...

And our first "Mom of the Week" is MacMamaof5!  Read more about this homeschooling, italian food loving mama below!  Feel free to ask questions so we can get to know her a little better! 

1.) Name: Antrionette McDaniel---"Toni"

2.) Due Date: December 1, 2013

2.) Where are you from? East Coast--North Carolina

3.) Favorite Color? Green (all shades, but mostly Emerald)

4.) Favorite Food? Italian

5.) Hobbies/Interests? Music/Dancing--HomeSchooling

6.) How many kids do you have? Boys, girls? Tell us about them!

4 Boys name "David": David-Josiah 8, David-Elisha 5, David-Jeremiah 3/soon to be 4, and David-Michael 2. Very active, very loving! Every one of them have spoiled me rotten! They were great deliveries and quiet babies (although not so quiet now), but they are very well behaved and I am proud of them! They homeschool and by their own choice. I put the two oldest in school and they did not want to return after the required year of being there. We are in an interracial relationship (mom is black hubby is white) and my kids have declared they are TAN and that TAN is a race and will have it no other way!

7.) Do you have a preference for this baby-boy or girl? I really am ready for a Girl. Let's hope God thinks so, too.

8.) What is your biggest pet peeve? Liars and Thieves. People who are argumentative.

9.) What are some of your guilty pleasures? Sometimes I wait til one hour before hubby gets home to tidy up, but it's only on days I absolutely am down and out.

10.) If you're already a mom, what is your favorite thing about motherhood? If you're a first-time-mom, what are you most excited about? I love that my boys stop whatever they are doing and just call my name. When I finally answer, the only thing they say to me is MOM, I LOVE YOU!

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Replies (41-45):
MacMamaof5
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Vacation?  What the heck is that?  Actually, we have never been on a vacation yet...as a couple (unless you count our honeymoon) nor as a family.  So I'd say, I have cleaned multiple beach houses for a living once and would love to be the one having my place cleaned.  Right on the beach where all the amneties in the world are offered with a pool for my man who can't stand the sand and will burn up at the drop of a hat in the sun.  A playground nearby for the kids along with an amusement park.  For me---I can slip out and get the massages, the mani and pedicure of a lifetime and my husband will give me permission to shop til I drop.  There.  That just about covers my perfect dream vacation.  Great question!  Perhaps I will think of this when I am in labor!  LOL!

Quoting Azure:

What is your dream vacation? 

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM

What compelled you to name all of your kids David _____?

MacMamaof5
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Trust me, it wasn't ME.  Dear old dad.  He was just a kid when he began to obsess over having his own family (from being in a broken home with such problems and he had given his life to God at an early age). He asked God for a son born on his birthday.  He promised God if HE'D do that, he would name it after the King in the bible who it was said had God's heart--King David.  Well, I had our first born son on daddy's birthday!  So we decided on David-Josiah Christopher...which means Beloved healing fire of God.  (I also had a slipped disc that was healed with the relaxin the body makes to prepare you for delivery which is why we decided to name him all that).  My husband turned into George Foreman, I guess and started hyphenating ALL the kids.  Their names all mean something....and begins with David which means beloved.  So David-Elisha Baylan means God is my salvation and I am his Beloved warrior.  David-Jeremiah Levi means Beloved God JOINS and David-Michael Benjamin means Beloved Christ-like messenger child of my old age.  

PLEASE GOD, LET THIS NEXT ONE BE A GIRL!   And NO, not gonna be a Davida anywhere there!  I PROMISE!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Okay so to expand on this... Do they go by their full hyphenated names or do you call them say, Josiah instead of David Josiah? (BTW I almost named my son Josiah but looking at him at birth the name just did NOT fit lol)

Your last bit about having a girl and not naming her Davida was too funny.

Thanks for sharing.

Quoting MacMamaof5:

Trust me, it wasn't ME.  Dear old dad.  He was just a kid when he began to obsess over having his own family (from being in a broken home with such problems and he had given his life to God at an early age). He asked God for a son born on his birthday.  He promised God if HE'D do that, he would name it after the King in the bible who it was said had God's heart--King David.  Well, I had our first born son on daddy's birthday!  So we decided on David-Josiah Christopher...which means Beloved healing fire of God.  (I also had a slipped disc that was healed with the relaxin the body makes to prepare you for delivery which is why we decided to name him all that).  My husband turned into George Foreman, I guess and started hyphenating ALL the kids.  Their names all mean something....and begins with David which means beloved.  So David-Elisha Baylan means God is my salvation and I am his Beloved warrior.  David-Jeremiah Levi means Beloved God JOINS and David-Michael Benjamin means Beloved Christ-like messenger child of my old age.  

PLEASE GOD, LET THIS NEXT ONE BE A GIRL!   And NO, not gonna be a Davida anywhere there!  I PROMISE!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

MacMamaof5
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

First by first name-David

Second by the second name-Elisha

Third by 3rd- Levi

and Fourth by 3rd-Benjamin--actually I call him my lil "Benjamin Buttons"...lol.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Okay so to expand on this... Do they go by their full hyphenated names or do you call them say, Josiah instead of David Josiah? (BTW I almost named my son Josiah but looking at him at birth the name just did NOT fit lol)

Your last bit about having a girl and not naming her Davida was too funny.

Thanks for sharing.

Quoting MacMamaof5:

Quoting sugarcrisp:

And you are very welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN