Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday babies

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 33 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm really excited to see when my babies will be born. My oldest DS 9 is a thanksgiving baby. My second DS 5 is a valentines baby and DD 1 is a Mother's Day baby. So I'm wondering if this time I will have Christmas or New Years babies! So exciting.
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm due dec 26.

I'm not sure how I feel about a holiday baby.

Especially a Christmas baby. Because that's going to be tough.

Any other holiday baby I wouldn't mind.

I wouldn't mind waiting til jan 1st at 12am to have them though lol.
EmmeBee
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I agree with the above.  Any holiday but Christmas!  I'm due in the first week of Dec and that's still too soon for my liking.  My mom's birthday is Dec 7, and I was never totally sold on the idea of making her a cake and buying her a gift (though I always do of course) with the holiday just two and a half weeks away, when I am trying to save for and buy EVERYONE'S gift all at once. It always feels like I cut what I by my mom in half, giving her the first part on her birthday and the second part on Christmas. She also said it sucked growing up because relatives would say stuff like "this is your birthday AND your christmas present."  Yeah, yeah, it's not supposed to be about the gifts and all that, but still, not something some born in the summer has to deal with.  I'm thinking of celebrating baby's half birthday in June : )

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:21 PM
With us from dec-feb is stressful.

We have Christmas in dec and charity work, jan no bdays but taxes lol.

Then feb we have Addison's bday and then our big charity event.

But I have twins, everyone is saying ill be going the last week of November. Or the week after thanksgiving.

I just don't want people to go "this is birthday and Christmas"

But I'll be buying for bdays ad Xmas at the same and splitting.

That's how I shop for Addison.

I buy what she asks for, and for Xmas she gets what she really wanted, and then the other she gets at bday

Quoting EmmeBee:

I agree with the above.  Any holiday but Christmas!  I'm due in the first week of Dec and that's still too soon for my liking.  My mom's birthday is Dec 7, and I was never totally sold on the idea of making her a cake and buying her a gift (though I always do of course) with the holiday just two and a half weeks away, when I am trying to save for and buy EVERYONE'S gift all at once. It always feels like I cut what I by my mom in half, giving her the first part on her birthday and the second part on Christmas. She also said it sucked growing up because relatives would say stuff like "this is your birthday AND your christmas present."  Yeah, yeah, it's not supposed to be about the gifts and all that, but still, not something some born in the summer has to deal with.  I'm thinking of celebrating baby's half birthday in June : )

MorningValley
by Adria on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My first was induced and came 4 days before the 4th of July.  My second was on New Year's Eve, induced.  And my third came on her own a week before Easter.  Hoping this one does not come on Christmas or New Years. Thanksgiving would be fine but too early :(

byronswife8808
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM

im due on christmas but i have ner made it past 25 weeks but we will see!

nshearon
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope this time you make it full term!

Quoting byronswife8808:

byronswife8808
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM

that should say 35 weeks... i think if i had more than one 25 weeker id not have 5 babies

but none the less i do pray i make it full term this time

Quoting nshearon:

I hope this time you make it full term!

Quoting byronswife8808:

Pregnancy%20ticker
CLG122
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Except that would make it a new year for your insurance coverage!  My friend's baby was due last December 25th and she was freaking out when she went late because if they hit January 1st they would have ot meet their deductible (which was very, very high) so they basically would not have coverage for the birth.  She ended up having her December 30th in the middle of the night.  Phew!

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I'm due dec 26.

MorningValley
by Adria on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM

My bday is 4 days after vday and I always hated it!  So I told my husband I didn't want to have babies around any gift giving holidays.  Only summer babies!  None between nov-feb because that is when my husband only makes $700 a month each month and its Christmas!   my first was June!  We tried for number two to be born in April...then may...then June...etc until we finally got pregnant with an October!  Then we had a miscarriage so we decided we would take a break for three months.  BOOM the next month we were pregnant with a dec 31st baby!  I was upset but happy since we had been trying for so long.  I was mixed because of hubby's job situation and Christmas and then a baby on top of it!  Our third was sorta planned and born in march!   Obviously this one was not and we are still not okay with the situation!  I don't know we are going to make it with Christmas and teo birthdays!

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

With us from dec-feb is stressful.

We have Christmas in dec and charity work, jan no bdays but taxes lol.

Then feb we have Addison's bday and then our big charity event.

But I have twins, everyone is saying ill be going the last week of November. Or the week after thanksgiving.

I just don't want people to go "this is birthday and Christmas"

But I'll be buying for bdays ad Xmas at the same and splitting.

That's how I shop for Addison.

I buy what she asks for, and for Xmas she gets what she really wanted, and then the other she gets at bday

Quoting EmmeBee:

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02

playing soccertoddler boytoddler girlstork
Jency 6/30/05.  Tesher12/31/08   Zerah3/26/12      EDD 12/30/13                                                 Angel babies edd10/22/08,11/21/11,10/20/13

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Oh.

I don't have one of those.

I'm just saying because free diapers for a year would be nice with twins

Quoting CLG122:

Except that would make it a new year for your insurance coverage!  My friend's baby was due last December 25th and she was freaking out when she went late because if they hit January 1st they would have ot meet their deductible (which was very, very high) so they basically would not have coverage for the birth.  She ended up having her December 30th in the middle of the night.  Phew!

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I'm due dec 26.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)