Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Czech Mother Defies 1 in 60m odds with First Natural Quintuplets

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

Czech mother defies 1 in 60m odds with first natural quintuplets

A Czech woman is set to defy odds of around one in 60 million by giving birth to quintuplets without using IVF treatment.

Czech mother defies 1 in 60m odds with country's first natural quintuplets
Alexandra Kinova said she has experienced few complications during the pregnancy Photo: PA

Alexandra Kinova will give birth to her five babies by Caesarean section on Sunday at a hospital in Prague in what the local press has trumpeted as the country's first ever set of quints.

Quintuplets are extremely rare, and most incidents of them are now connected with IVF treatment.

"When the doctors told me that I was expecting so many children I began to cry; I could not believe it," the twenty-three-year old told the Mlada Fronta Dnes newspaper. "But I was so very happy with the news."

Doctors had originally told her she was expecting twins, but in March increased the number of expected children to four. It was only in April that she learnt that five babies were on the way although doctors are still unable to determine the sex of two of the children because they are well hidden behind their siblings.

"They are doing ultrasounds every other day and everything is in order," said the expectant mother, who already has a five-year-old son. She added that despite expecting five children and possessing a huge stomach she has experienced few complications during the pregnancy.

The local council in Ms Kinova's hometown of Milovic has rallied to help the mother. It has found a ground-floor flat for the family with three bedrooms: a significant increase on the one-bedroomed flat the family now live in.

The council has also paid for two nannies to assist Ms Kinova for three years.

Day, Matthew. "Czech Mother Defies 1 in 60m Odds with First Natural Quintuplets."Telegraph.co.uk. The Telegraph, 30 May 2013. Web. 12 June 2013.

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Wow! 

Azure
by Representative on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Impressive! I would be scared out of my mind if I found out I were having that many children! 

Harris06
by Megan on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM
And at 23, no less!!!

Quoting Azure:

Impressive! I would be scared out of my mind if I found out I were having that many children! 

tyrelsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Pretty impressive. Hope it never happens to me, lol.
Hope breastfeeding works out for her. That's going to be a challenge. Nice to hear she's up for the challenge.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM
She released 5 eggs naturally that were all fertilized?! How crazy is that! =)
Barb87
by Babz on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I think that she released at least 2-3 eggs that were fertilized & just divided. OR shew did in fact release 5 eggs.
Barb87
by Babz on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
She delivered over the weekend, she delivered 4 boys & 1 girl
http://m.globalgrind.com/news/czech-woman-alexandra-kinova-gives-birth-countrys-first-set-naturally-conceived-quintuplets-photos
sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Makes me never want to conceive again. Both my pregnancy with my son and this one I hoped that I didn't end up with twins (or more) because it CAN happen.

Quoting Barb87:

I think that she released at least 2-3 eggs that were fertilized & just divided. OR she did in fact release 5 eggs.

tyrelsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm terrified because I had a very vivid dream years ago of having triplets. In the dream I already had five children, 2 boys and 3 girls. So if this is that 3rd girl... Creepy part is I had this dream when my oldest was just a few months old. And it's predicted the genders of our kids perfectly so far.

No more babies for me. Nuh uh. No way.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Makes me never want to conceive again. Both my pregnancy with my son and this one I hoped that I didn't end up with twins (or more) because it CAN happen.

Quoting Barb87:

I think that she released at least 2-3 eggs that were fertilized & just divided. OR she did in fact release 5 eggs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN