Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

December 2013 Babies December 2013 Babies

Have you

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 24 Replies

Have you given your plan to your doctor yet? 

I'm sitting down and typing mine up right now. 

The very first three things are going to be:

Glenda, My grandmother will hold both twins first, no ifs ands ors about it, me and Brandon have already agreed to it. 

I will eat in labor. 

Delayed cord clamping. 

If I don't put that my grandmother holds the twins first, his mom will want to hold them first. 

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM
No. Giving birth in Army hospitals is odd. Whoever is on duty is who delivers. Doesn't matter if you have seen that OB before or not!
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:06 PM

That's how the hospital was where I delivered my daughter!!!

I better put that in there, that I want the OB I see the most deliver.

Quoting mrsary:

No. Giving birth in Army hospitals is odd. Whoever is on duty is who delivers. Doesn't matter if you have seen that OB before or not!

nshearon
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Ask your OB what the policy is at his practice. With my first, whoever was on call delivered. With the OB I have now, the only drs in his practice are him and his wife. So they take turns being on call. His wife delivered Ariel and I'm as happy with her as I am him.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting mrsary:

bygodsluv
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Im going to try..I definitely want NO iv..delayed cord clamping..no hep B shot for the baby..im breast feeding.
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM

You can tell them that you don't want the fluids, but do an IV, in case something happens. 

Quoting bygodsluv:

Im going to try..I definitely want NO iv..delayed cord clamping..no hep B shot for the baby..im breast feeding.

BraydensMama163
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I still haven't talked to my husband about it yet but have talked to my Dr once. He said he's game for whatever I want Cept water birth so I need to talk with the hubby and tell the dr when we go in on the third
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I am going to tomorrow. 

When I was going to Hershey, (Yes the place they make Hershey chocolate bars, they have a hospital lol)

i had asked back in Jan, when I went in for my pap, and they said they all take turns being on call. 

But when I had my oldest, I had NEVER met the OB who delivered, and I had students helping. 

Quoting nshearon:

Ask your OB what the policy is at his practice. With my first, whoever was on call delivered. With the OB I have now, the only drs in his practice are him and his wife. So they take turns being on call. His wife delivered Ariel and I'm as happy with her as I am him.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting mrsary:

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I'm going to work on everything I want in the next few days. I'll probably come here asking if any of you would add to it in case it's something I forgot.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Yeah, I am still adding to my list, and will go over it with my hubs tonight. 

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I still haven't talked to my husband about it yet but have talked to my Dr once. He said he's game for whatever I want Cept water birth so I need to talk with the hubby and tell the dr when we go in on the third

Turtledoves
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM

No, they don't look at them until third trimester and I'm just printing out the one I had for my daughter, as that covered everything and worked really well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)