Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm concerned about.....*edit*

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

The weight limit on infant car seats. The reason why is because I weighed 30lbs when I was 3 months old. My dad put 3 scoops of cereal in my bottle because according to him I was hungry every 45-60 mins. That was the only way to fill me up & keep me from crying again he said.
The highest weight limit *I've* seen is 30lbs.
See why I'm concerned?
I only weighed 8.8 when I was born. My real mother was a 10 pounder at birth. Idk about my dad though.

Since I have been convinced that going the convertible car seat route is the the easiest & cheapest in the long run, I started looking around & came up with these. What do you ladies think? I have listed them cheapest to most expensive.

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/babydepot/Baby/Travel-Gear/Car-Seats/Convertible-Car-Seats/Alpha-Omega-Elite-Car-Seat-Sand-Dune-371373009.aspx

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/babydepot/Baby/Travel-Gear/Car-Seats/Convertible-Car-Seats/Symphony65-E3-All-in-One-Car-Seat-Cicero-370389531.aspx

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/babydepot/Baby/Travel-Gear/Car-Seats/Convertible-Car-Seats/SmartSeat-153-All-in-One-CarSeat-Rosin-358979646.aspx

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nshearon
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
The weight limit on the one my daughter was in was 40 pounds. You can always get a convertible carseat when baby gets to big for the infant seat.
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

All car seats that I have seen are 40

Barb87
by Babz on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Where did you see them?

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Give me a few, I have to find them. 

I may have to wait for my husband to get home, so he can give me the password to my registery lol

Quoting Barb87:

Where did you see them?

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Turtledoves
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Well 1, thats not a very healthy way to feed a child. A thee month old should not be 30 lbs. 2, convertible seats usually go a bit higher, I used mine for my newborn and at two she's still using it.
Barb87
by Babz on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM

You know, I would have NEVER thought to use the convertible carset from the very beginning!!! How did that work out for you when your DD was sleeping in her carseat & had to take her out for whatever reason? Did you use a stroller? I am wanting to baby wear & use the stroller (if that makes sense). I'm sorry if I sound like such a dunce, this is my 1st.

Quoting Turtledoves:

Well 1, thats not a very healthy way to feed a child. A thee month old should not be 30 lbs. 2, convertible seats usually go a bit higher, I used mine for my newborn and at two she's still using it.

kygoodsell89
by Kylie on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM

most babies dont weigh 30 lbs at 3 months. neither of my kids hit 30# until at least 2 1/2 and they are BIG kids. but at 3 & 4 they weigh 36lbs and 39lbs

Pappi
by Jackie on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I use a Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL (now called Diono Radian RXT) and it has a rear-facing limit of 45lbs. I switched my son to the Radian starting at 4.5months since he hated the bucket seat and was warm, and when he gets upset he sweats and gets even warmer. He's 2.5 and is still using it (and probably will for a while, at least until we switch the baby to a convertable seat.) If you're just looking for infant seats though, the Snugride 35 goes up to 35lbs as long as you don't exceed the height limit.

Barb87
by Babz on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
That's my thing. I speed growing at 14yrs old thankfully. I'm 5'ยป
8.25" now. At 14 I was 5'9.25", so I've shrunk an inch due to my back injuries from basic. & hubby is 6'3. So I expect peanut to be a long baby & tall individual.

Quoting Pappi:

I use a Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL (now called Diono Radian RXT) and it has a rear-facing limit of 45lbs. I switched my son to the Radian starting at 4.5months since he hated the bucket seat and was warm, and when he gets upset he sweats and gets even warmer. He's 2.5 and is still using it (and probably will for a while, at least until we switch the baby to a convertable seat.) If you're just looking for infant seats though, the Snugride 35 goes up to 35lbs as long as you don't exceed the height limit.

Turtledoves
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Personally, I loved it. I never liked carrying around a clunky infant seat, and she hated being it it, so a convertible worked great. When she was an infant, I'd take her out and put her in a wrap or sling, as that's what we both liked best. As she got older, we'd put her in a stroller or cart. For us, it was just easier doinga  convertible from the beginning. No worries that she was going to outgrow it and it always seemed better made than the infant seats we tried. 

Quoting Barb87:

You know, I would have NEVER thought to use the convertible carset from the very beginning!!! How did that work out for you when your DD was sleeping in her carseat & had to take her out for whatever reason? Did you use a stroller? I am wanting to baby wear & use the stroller (if that makes sense). I'm sorry if I sound like such a dunce, this is my 1st.

Quoting Turtledoves:

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose. Pregnant with our Rainbow Baby and due 12.12.13!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)