Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acid indigestion.......

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 8 Replies

How you handle it? I'm curious to see how we deal with this.

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
EmmeBee
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I don't have it if I'm eating enough alkaline foods.  Try researching alkaline diets.  Acidic foods is what causes tummy upset and reflux.  Very acidy foods are things like meat, sugar, coffee, and most refined or cooked foods.  Alkaline foods are things like raw fruit and veggies, nuts, dried fruits.  VERY alkalizing foods are watermelon and lemon.  Try some lemon water every morning.  People thing it doesn't make sense because lemons seem acidy, but they actually balance the bodies PH levels and are very alkalizing.  Basically you want to eat enough of the alkalizing foods to balance out the acidic foods. 

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM
I'm sorry I am fortunate to not have this issue so I have nothing for you... Do Tums work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Azure
by Representative on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM
One of my friends told me to drink a little pickle juice. I thought it would have the opposite effect, but it did work. Very odd.
Barb87
by Babz on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Quoting EmmeBee:

I don't have it if I'm eating enough alkaline foods.  Try researching alkaline diets.  Acidic foods is what causes tummy upset and reflux.  Very acidy foods are things like meat, sugar, coffee, and most refined or cooked foods.  Alkaline foods are things like raw fruit and veggies, nuts, dried fruits.  VERY alkalizing foods are watermelon and lemon.  Try some lemon water every morning.  People thing it doesn't make sense because lemons seem acidy, but they actually balance the bodies PH levels and are very alkalizing.  Basically you want to eat enough of the alkalizing foods to balance out the acidic foods. 

I can't do lemons. They make me sick. I uses to eat them raw, by themselves when I was like 13. It resulted in a barf fest because the lemons ate the lining of my stomach. So I stay away from lemons as much as possible.
Barb87
by Babz on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Quoting Gonzo318:

I'm sorry I am fortunate to not have this issue so I have nothing for you... Do Tums work?

Normally they do, but here lately I don't want to take them. Its almost as ig they're nasty to me now.
Barb87
by Babz on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Quoting Azure:

One of my friends told me to drink a little pickle juice. I thought it would have the opposite effect, but it did work. Very odd.

Would have never thought of that!!!
EmmeBee
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

You can try taking digestive enymes after a meal.  Just ask after them at your local health food store.  I've heard pregnant women swear by them

EmmeBee
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Vinegar also balances your body's PH.  Apple Cider Vinegar is usually the best for it.  Just add about a shot's worth to a glass of water and drink it down.  It has numerous other health benefits as wealth. 

Quoting Barb87:

Quoting Azure:

Would have never thought of that!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)