Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

December 2013 Babies December 2013 Babies

Fallicies

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

Appeal to false authority- outside of his area of expertise.

Where does that line get crossed with an OB?

What are your thughts?

I am just trying to get a picture here and get others opinions. I have an appt and am trying to arm myself with knowledge and the grace of God.

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmeBee
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Not really sure what you mean, but I know I will not let my OB or anyone do anything I don't feel comfortable, even if it is against their "medical advice" or whatever.  They went to school for a long time, but that does not mean they're all-knowing. 

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I think a good example would be homebirths. Ob is ansurgeon so homebirth would be out his area of expertise. What do you think.

Quoting EmmeBee:

Not really sure what you mean, but I know I will not let my OB or anyone do anything I don't feel comfortable, even if it is against their "medical advice" or whatever.  They went to school for a long time, but that does not mean they're all-knowing. 

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure exactly what you're asking. 

I'm a pretty well informed person because I love doing research and I very much stand my ground if I do not believe in/agree with something.

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe bexause im tired. Sounds good in my head. Ill try again tomorrow, maybe, lol.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Not sure exactly what you're asking. 

I'm a pretty well informed person because I love doing research and I very much stand my ground if I do not believe in/agree with something.

EmmeBee
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Okay, I get it.  Like when doctors give nutritional advice, like on what to eat, yet they have very little to no education in nutrition.  You would want to go to a dietition for this information. 

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Yes

Quoting EmmeBee:

Okay, I get it.  Like when doctors give nutritional advice, like on what to eat, yet they have very little to no education in nutrition.  You would want to go to a dietition for this information. 

AmberRose1122
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Parenting advice comes to mind. I had a family doctor tell me to blow in my sons face while he was getting a vaccination. That was apparently out of his area of expertise. I never went back.
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM
My sister does that to my lo. I want to smack her. I think its so gross..

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Parenting advice comes to mind. I had a family doctor tell me to blow in my sons face while he was getting a vaccination. That was apparently out of his area of expertise. I never went back.
AmberRose1122
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Agreed. And kind of selfish. The baby is crying because they need something.

Quoting Baby4us09:

My sister does that to my lo. I want to smack her. I think its so gross..

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Azure
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM
That line gets crossed in so many places by OB's. Some midwives, too, actually.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)