Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Steals & Good Deals!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 AM
  • 5 Replies

So I'm a total penny pincher even though I don't need to be. If I can buy it gently used for a quarter of the price, I'm all over that!

I picked up my first great deal for this pregnancy...I bought an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper Mini for $50, this one in perticular retails for $165. 

When my daughter was born, my husband left for training when she was 10 days old. I coslept (bed-shared) with her from that day onwards until she was 5 1/2 months old. It was only her and I in the bed so I never worried about her safety in the bed. 

This time, my husband will be home for most of the baby's bed-sharing days (we haven't gotten a deployment schedule yet), and as it is right now, he rolls over on top of me. He moves the blankets around, he's a rough sleeper and a very heavy sleeper too. I don't feel comfortable putting a newborn in the bed with him. I feel much more comfortable with the idea of the co-sleeper because I can move the baby back to the sleeper. He/She will still be withing touching distance, and I don't have to worry about hubby.

Whew that was long, anyway. I'm really excited that I'm able to pick this up for $50!

Do you guys have any great deals yet? 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

My mom got me a wooden rocking bassinet for $15. Came with a mattress. It's BEAUTIFUL!

Azure
by Representative on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Gotta love good deals. I haven't gotten any because we usually don't buy much until the baby gets here.
mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Nothing yet we are too broke to shop. Dh startshis new job next week. I willprobably wait for the next round ofclearance sales at the end of summer
PookiePanda
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Oh yeah. I have been all over gender neutral clothes and already got my baby monitor for 20$(unopened). I'm with you girl,If I can save on it that how I prefer to buy it.

EmmeBee
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM

No, but I live in L.A., so it's pretty easy to find gently used stuff on Craigslist.  I haven't bought anything yet, but I've looked and seen Ergo baby carriers and pack n plays supposedly only used a handful of times for a fraction of the regular price...and most of it only with a few miles from me.  There's only a carseat class you can take at the hospitals around here, and in exchange you get a free carseat. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)