Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question on glasses

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay so the last time I got new glasses was 11 years go.  I only wear them in the evenings before bed.  They are deffinently not strong enough for me now and honestly I can see what's on the tv but not clearly and I would never wear them driving.

well last week I went and got my eyes checked and we decided to splurge and go ahead and get me two pairs of glasses.  I just got them today!  Yae!  Except when I got home and put them on it was like WO!!  Okay really wierd, made my head kinda spin, especially when I moved my head.  

Is this normal when you get an updated perscrption on glasses?

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02

playing soccertoddler boytoddler girlstork
Jency 6/30/05.   Tesher12/31/08   Zerah3/26/12    EDD12/30/13.                                                                    Angel babies edd 10/08,11/11,10/13

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sarajordan2008
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I think it's normal. Try putting them on in the morning instead of mid day. Eyes change a lot during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Ligaments loosen. I need to get my eyes checked...but I won't until I'm done nursing or not pregnant, as it changes too much!!
MorningValley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Okay thanks.  I had my eyes checked before my last pregnancy....it was march 2011.  And as far as contacts go my eyes haven't changed at all in over 2 years...actually in over 3 years cause I got them checked the year before that as well.  So I thnk my eyes are done changing for awhile.   But is is the first time I've gotten glasses in 11years lol.  

Ill try putting them on for a few minutes in the morning and a few minutes in the evening.  Hopefully my eyes will get used to them fast!

Turtledoves
by Representative on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Yep, that's normal. I'm going through the same thing - I got new glasses two weeks ago.

biberonka
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM

It's normal, your eyes are not adjusted to the new prescription strenght yet. Give it a few days :)

Azure
by Representative on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Yeah, it is normal. I'm sorry. I hope it doesn't last long.
kygoodsell89
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM

best thing to do is put them on first thing in the morning when you wake up so your eyes adjust better

MorningValley
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Thanks everyone.  I think they are already starting to get used to them!

mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Yeah I always feel a little disoriented with new prescriptions. 

CLG122
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I think it's normal since you hadn't had your prescription updated in so many years.  I go in every 2 years and I still feel funny for a day or 2 til I am used to the very slight adjustment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)