Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GR!!!

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 15 Replies
So ya, you know how last week went haha. This week hasn't been much better. The power cord from my Ipad quit working so now the Ipad is dead. I'm hoping that the cord is part of the warrenty. On top of that I called today to make my next OB appointment and Anatomy Scan. I figured I'd go every 6-7 weeks. My last appointment was at 12.5 weeks so I could go in for my Anatomy Scan between 18.5 and 19.5 weeks. NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!! They won't even THINK of doing it or even have an OPTION of doing it until 20 weeks on the dot!! What The Heck!!!?? my last TWO were both done at 18 weeks (different offices though)! Why can't they just do this one then?!? I don't get it and it made me mad because I'm starting to think I may want to know what it is just to prepare myself got the cons part of each LOL. So my next appointment isn't until August 12th. I just don't get it because my 2nd son was due and born on Dec 31st and we found out what he was in JULY! This one is due Dec 29th and we won't find out until MID AUGUST!! Sorry just made me mad that I could find out that much earlier with one that was due with in 2 days and it was 5 years ago. Especially since I'm not going to have any appointment between 12.5 weeks and then.

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02

playing soccertoddler boytoddler girlstork
Jency 6/30/05.   Tesher12/31/08   Zerah3/26/12    EDD12/29/13.                                                                    Angel babies edd 10/08,11/11,10/13

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kygoodsell89
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

you can get an ipad cord at the dollar store.. at least near me you can 

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That is frustrating. :/ Sorry!

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Look at the brighter side. You don't have to see the annoying doctors and nurses that question every little thing you don't want to get done. :)

MorningValley
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
OH YAE!! Thank you so much! I was so frustrated thinking another unexpected expense that we didn't need right now, DH didn't get paid for a week of work this last month (at least not yet, for a company we aren't sure when we will get paid)! but I think I can swing $1 LOL.
Quoting kygoodsell89:

you can get an ipad cord at the dollar store.. at least near me you can 

MorningValley
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM
that's true. This pregnancy just isn't going the way I planned LOL. I had planned to get a NT scan but my first appointment ended up being at 12.5 weeks and they didn't even offer it and I really didn't want to come back in less then a week. She tried to get me to do a 16 week appointment to "check my tummy" LOL!
Quoting Baby4us09:

Look at the brighter side. You don't have to see the annoying doctors and nurses that question every little thing you don't want to get done. :)

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02

playing soccertoddler boytoddler girlstork
Jency 6/30/05.   Tesher12/31/08   Zerah3/26/12    EDD12/29/13.                                                                    Angel babies edd 10/08,11/11,10/13

Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

My office won't let me do it until AFTER you hit 20 weeks. Every time. It's so nerve wracking, I so hoped for an 18-19 week one but they said only after 20. I decided to pay for a private one and get it done at 18 weeks, which is the earliest they'd do it with a gender guarantee.

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM

TO check tummy huh? I think they make stuff up to get more money out of us. I think I am going to cancel my next appt. I think my doc is talking out of his ass. He tells me I need urine tests every time I go in but I have to ake that glucose test because it is most accurate. I think that there are other ways of finding out if you are in trouble other ways. That test isn't the only one. Just the most time consuming. I am just not in a good mood today. Can you tell.

Quoting MorningValley:

that's true. This pregnancy just isn't going the way I planned LOL. I had planned to get a NT scan but my first appointment ended up being at 12.5 weeks and they didn't even offer it and I really didn't want to come back in less then a week. She tried to get me to do a 16 week appointment to "check my tummy" LOL!
Quoting Baby4us09:

MorningValley
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I just keep thinking maybe if I knew what it was and started imagining that gender and getting stuff our for that gender etc maybe I'd start getting excited about it all.

Azure
by Representative on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Aw, our doctor's are the same about no gender ultrasounds until 20 weeks.
CLG122
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yes, my doc is the same way!  They will not schedule me until exactly 20 weeks or later.  Very frustrating!!  I feel like I am WAY further along than so many people in our group who already know.  I should just go pay for it at a keepsake place!  Maybe you should, too.  But the cheapest I can find is $75.  Gah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)