Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quad screen

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

Does everyone get it? or only a few? I had my gender scan yesterday along with the quad screen. I was just wondering if its just a procedure or what?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheyAreMyLoves
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Is that the one that tests for DS?
I had a blood draw for testing yesterday and that's what it's for. Among other things.
I debated getting it at all but I'm such a worry wart so I decided to ease my mind.
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
We say no to all extra testing.
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I deny all those tests
im not going to terminate, regardless and I don't want to spend my entire pregnancy worrying about something that might not happen( the tests are known for being wrong too many times)
CLG122
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I always skip the quad screen and any other testing.  There are so many false positives with them that I don't think it's worth it. 

I would never terminate a pregnancy because of a test result, so there's no point in really doing it.

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I don't remember if I had it done. I did have an ultrasound that was higher up because of my first pregnancy. Doesnt' make sence to me. I hate doctors!

Anyways I won't be doing any of that. ONly one US to see if uterus is attached to my skin. If not good if so surgery for sure!

I think they are a waste of time, money and energy.

Kayla060812
by Kayla on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I am not sure what that is so I guess that I have not ever had it done with any of my children. I don't do any extra stuff when it comes to babies in my belly. Only my own test.

EmmeBee
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I deny all that extra testing.  When they first told me about the down syndrome test I was like, "yah, and what are you going to do if it's positive?  take out that extra chromosome!?"  I got a completely blank look in response.

Not only that, a lot of those tests have a high false positive rate, which would result in only worry and MORE testing.

natalie0512
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Yea I've heard about the false positives. To be honest I was so excited about finding out we're having a boy that I let them poke me to draw blood lol. Then today it hit me so I called the office to ask why I got that done and they said it was mandatory.
NatyRod
by nataly on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
This! Idk if its a quad though. They called mine integrated screening (NT screening u/s at 12 wks + blood work, and another round of blood work at week 16). :/
Quoting TheyAreMyLoves:

Is that the one that tests for DS?
I had a blood draw for testing yesterday and that's what it's for. Among other things.
I debated getting it at all but I'm such a worry wart so I decided to ease my mind.

Pappi
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I didn't bother with most tests this time around, our risks are still low and I don't want any extra scans besides the 20 week one. I did let my midwife test some stuff like vitamin D levels early on, and while she was at it I consented to some STD testing (which I knew would come back negative but what the heck.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)