Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Plans........

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 15 Replies

Who has done them? What link/site did you print your list off of? IDK if this was covered once before or not, blame that on my memory issues that stem from injuries from basic training. 

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I don't ever go in with a formal printed out one. I have never had to. My husband has always been my rock and he knows what I want and don't want.  

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Barb87
by Babz on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Mine does too, buuuuttt I want a formal print out plan just incase, kwim? I'm delivering at a hospital that not only am I not comfortable at nor am I familiar with. My OB won't deliver at the hospital I am comfortable & familiar with. *sigh* she is the OB that the VA outsourced me to because she was the only dr that takes the VA as insurance & the VA hospital which is 2hrs away, doesn't have a L&D floor

Quoting Harris06:

I don't ever go in with a formal printed out one. I have never had to. My husband has always been my rock and he knows what I want and don't want.  

CLG122
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I didn't use a website-- just stuck it together myself :)  Mine is very brief and simple.  It's perfect!  I already sent it to the hospital with my pre-reg forms and I'll put another in my hospital bag in case I get a goofy nurse who needs reminding.

ZombyMommy
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I don't do them. My hubby is there so I count on him to stand up for me. At DD birth the whole plan was thrown out the window as soon as I got to the hospital so I don't expect to have one this time around. I will just be very specific about what I want and hope that we can stick to it. 

mrs.hartman12
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM
BraydensMama163
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I still haven't made mine. I don't even know how to. And how do you pre register? I delivered both of mine at the same hospital so do I need to pre register now for the third? Why do.you pre register?
Does your Dr also know your plan? Did you give him a list or just talk with him or her?
This is confusing.

Quoting CLG122:

I didn't use a website-- just stuck it together myself :)  Mine is very brief and simple.  It's perfect!  I already sent it to the hospital with my pre-reg forms and I'll put another in my hospital bag in case I get a goofy nurse who needs reminding.

Barb87
by Babz on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Sweet!!! & Thanks for the idea of photo copying my original & sending it over before hand. Then I'll keep the original.

Quoting CLG122:

CLG122
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My doc gives out the folder with pre-reg forms at the first OB visit.  I think this is not a common practice, but it is nice not to have to answer questions or anything and have them expecting you when you come in potentially uncomfortable ;)

I give my doctor a copy of my plan around the 7 month appt.  I bring it in and we go over it.  That way I can diffuse any problems she may have with it or answer any questions right then instead of when I'm in labor. 

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I still haven't made mine. I don't even know how to. And how do you pre register? I delivered both of mine at the same hospital so do I need to pre register now for the third? Why do.you pre register?
Does your Dr also know your plan? Did you give him a list or just talk with him or her?
This is confusing.

Quoting CLG122:

Barb87
by Babz on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM

This is the one I have

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

baby center website has one http://assets.babycenter.com/ims/Content/birthplan_pdf.pdf

MommyJill87
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM
It's my 4th csection so there really is already a plan in place lol. But I'm adamant about BF so the hubby stays by the baby till they bring it back to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)