Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appointment from today *UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

I saw a new doc today (one that delivered my cousin 12 years ago) and OMG he was amazing. He even told me he would make the clinic feel like home for me. He was more intuned to my questions and I felt more comfortable just being in the room with him. The nurse even asked about our plans for circumcision (if its a boy) and breastfeeding. This place was more questiony than the other. Anyways.... we have our appointment set up to find out gender on the 30th. :)

I got to FINALLY hear baby's heart beat which was a pumping 146. I couldn't see the baby's goods because baby was breech and seemed to be happy laying upside down. lol Doctor told me my baby was probably in a insulin coma because of the amount of sugar it seems I am having when I barely have a bit of tea in the mornings and a soda maybe 3 times a week. That is NOT a lot of soda, I limit myself. He only heard tea and sugar and flipped out on me. Then he says I only need to drink water. Who the heck does he think he is messing with? ONLY WATER? Not even juice!!! I dont think so! Everything he seems to say sounds like crap.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karamelkat9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

How sweet. :) And, yes, he must not have been listening too well. haha I have a Dr Pepper every morning, he'd probably turn me away for being a bad patient or report me for child endangerment and a bad mother. haha

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

karamelkat9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
My friend had a dr pepper every morning with 2 tacos when he were in High School and her baby was perfectly healthy. Oh he drilled me today and I was like I gotta drink what I want cause I am not having water everyday. lol I will take yalls advice over my stupid doctor any day.
Quoting Harris06:

How sweet. :) And, yes, he must not have been listening too well. haha I have a Dr Pepper every morning, he'd probably turn me away for being a bad patient or report me for child endangerment and a bad mother. haha

MorningValley
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Cute baby pic!

And ya!  what the heck doc?!?

I drink a soda 3-4x a week, tea at least once a day, and juice once a day.   I HATE water unless its bottled and we don't get that much unless we have extra money that month!

Barb87
by Babz on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Find another Dr is my suggestion. He's way out of line & not even trying to listen to you from the sounds of it.
CLG122
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I agree.  I have a plain red raspberry leaf tea with breakfast very morning and I allow myself one Diet Pepsi per day.  Aspartame is worse than sugar, so you are already doing better than me ;)  I do drink a lot of water, though.  Not a lot during the day because it is crazy here, but I make up for it when the kids go to bed.  DH and I usually watch a series for a couple of hours or a movie and I will drink 3-4 glasses in that time.  As long as you are getting enough water and are not going nuts with the other stuff, you are fine!  I give up caffeine completely for the first 2-3 months because I am super nervous about miscarriage and a lot of caffeine (more than 2 cups of coffee's worth per day) does increase the risk of that happening.  But at this point, a little is not a huge deal.  I don't drink juice and things only because I gain so much weight during pregnancy as it is that I try not to get many of my calories from drinks.  I'd rather have a snack, haha.

Quoting karamelkat9:

My friend had a dr pepper every morning with 2 tacos when he were in High School and her baby was perfectly healthy. Oh he drilled me today and I was like I gotta drink what I want cause I am not having water everyday. lol I will take yalls advice over my stupid doctor any day.
Quoting Harris06:

CLG122
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute baby, too!!!!

And yes, I agree with some other ladies that I might look for another doc.  He's already making you feel bad about minor things like sugar-- what's going to happen when he disagrees with something you want during delivery?  Idk.  With my first pregnancy, my doctor sucked.  I cried at my last few appts with her and finally decided I had had enough.  She would tell me I was gaining way too much weight and that I "didn't need to be eating ice cream every night."  I was so hurt.  I was NOT eating like that!!!  She would tell me that "if I didn't watch it, I'd end up with a huge baby and a c-section."  I finally transferred to someone else at 31 weeks, bahahaha.  I ended up gaining 62 lbs that pregnancy (which I found out later on is largely hereditary for me) and the baby was a perfect 8 lbs 5 oz.  One stitch.  Everything was fine.

Find someone who makes you feel comfortable.  I highly recommend a woman, if possible.  Not that there aren't great male OBs, but a woman is more likely to treat you with respect and you are more likely to feel comfortable talking about any potential physical issues you might be having ;)

karamelkat9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Thank you and that's what I am saying. I even told him I have a nice glass of ice water before I go to bed an he started complaining about the ice. He said its frozen water but eh. Like what's that supposed to mean!?

Quoting MorningValley:

Cute baby pic!

And ya!  what the heck doc?!?

I drink a soda 3-4x a week, tea at least once a day, and juice once a day.   I HATE water unless its bottled and we don't get that much unless we have extra money that month!

karamelkat9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I lost another 2 lbs since my last appointment too. Yeah I don't understand it. I think I drink about half an half. So it's not like tea an fruit punch out weighs my water intake. I mainly started drinking tea cause for my whole 3 months of pregnancy I dranked nothing but water an I grew tired of it. Urgggg

Quoting CLG122:

I agree.  I have a plain red raspberry leaf tea with breakfast very morning and I allow myself one Diet Pepsi per day.  Aspartame is worse than sugar, so you are already doing better than me ;)  I do drink a lot of water, though.  Not a lot during the day because it is crazy here, but I make up for it when the kids go to bed.  DH and I usually watch a series for a couple of hours or a movie and I will drink 3-4 glasses in that time.  As long as you are getting enough water and are not going nuts with the other stuff, you are fine!  I give up caffeine completely for the first 2-3 months because I am super nervous about miscarriage and a lot of caffeine (more than 2 cups of coffee's worth per day) does increase the risk of that happening.  But at this point, a little is not a huge deal.  I don't drink juice and things only because I gain so much weight during pregnancy as it is that I try not to get many of my calories from drinks.  I'd rather have a snack, haha.

Quoting karamelkat9:

Quoting Harris06:

karamelkat9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I never thought about it like that. He always makes me upset about something. :( I was like aww baby must be taking a nap cause I told him we been joking that it looked like baby was making snow angels last time. And he goes yeah your baby might be in an insulin coma! Those words keep replaying in my head an it makes me more upset. :( I am going to start looking at new doctors tomorrow an see who can take me.

Quoting CLG122:

Cute baby, too!!!!

And yes, I agree with some other ladies that I might look for another doc.  He's already making you feel bad about minor things like sugar-- what's going to happen when he disagrees with something you want during delivery?  Idk.  With my first pregnancy, my doctor sucked.  I cried at my last few appts with her and finally decided I had had enough.  She would tell me I was gaining way too much weight and that I "didn't need to be eating ice cream every night."  I was so hurt.  I was NOT eating like that!!!  She would tell me that "if I didn't watch it, I'd end up with a huge baby and a c-section."  I finally transferred to someone else at 31 weeks, bahahaha.  I ended up gaining 62 lbs that pregnancy (which I found out later on is largely hereditary for me) and the baby was a perfect 8 lbs 5 oz.  One stitch.  Everything was fine.

Find someone who makes you feel comfortable.  I highly recommend a woman, if possible.  Not that there aren't great male OBs, but a woman is more likely to treat you with respect and you are more likely to feel comfortable talking about any potential physical issues you might be having ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)