Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BV & Metro gel

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

My doc gave me metrogel after seeing that I had a little case of BV.  He said it wasn't a bad case, but we still want to get rid of it.  I have done blood work, pap smear etc so he definetley did not pull the diagnosis out of the air. 

Usually, I am crunchy and against medicines.  I didn't even THINK about using the metrogel... I just knew I was going to use it.  I used it last night, and something woke me at 5 am telling me to find out about it today because it's not a good idea to keep using it.  Is anyone else using it?  Has anyone used it?

If not, can you tell me how you get rid of BV during pregnancy? 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I have no experience with either. Sorry! Here's a bump for you.

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM
What is BV and metrogel?

I had a bacterial infection "down there" when I first got pregnant. I was given some sort of gel once i hit 12 weeks to get rid of it but cant remember the name right now. Flagil maybe? The research I did showed that the infection could have caused a miscarriage but that using the gel has yet to show any negative side effects aa long as the correct dosage is used. Given that, I used it and everything is perfectly fine now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I'm guessing BV is Bacterial Vaginosis? I've never heard of metrogel. I used to know a site that put the safety of drugs in classes for pregnancy, but I'm having difficulty finding it right now. If I do find it I'll post it for you.
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM

safefetus.com ? That is where I usually go.

Quoting Azure:

I'm guessing BV is Bacterial Vaginosis? I've never heard of metrogel. I used to know a site that put the safety of drugs in classes for pregnancy, but I'm having difficulty finding it right now. If I do find it I'll post it for you.

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

mommyxtinacakes
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You have given me a little but of peace. Thank you!

Quoting Gonzo318:

What is BV and metrogel?

I had a bacterial infection "down there" when I first got pregnant. I was given some sort of gel once i hit 12 weeks to get rid of it but cant remember the name right now. Flagil maybe? The research I did showed that the infection could have caused a miscarriage but that using the gel has yet to show any negative side effects aa long as the correct dosage is used. Given that, I used it and everything is perfectly fine now :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)