Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing Doctors

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 12 Replies

I am so sad that I have to leave my doctor. I really really like her! I just found her, too. Well, I haven't needed her until now since I got pregnant and we knew we most likely weren't going to be here long and weren't planning on getting pregnant until after deployment but still! I did a lot of research on doctors and I really liked her. Then I had my first appt and I knew I made the right decision. Now I have to leave her. :( Friday will be my last appt with her. I am so so sad. I have started looking where I am moving to but I am not feeling drawn to any one doctor or hospital, even midwife, like I have with all of my others. I am nervous and scared and so upset. I mean, of course #1. deployment in itself upsets me but #2. your OB/GYN or midwife is a BIG DEAL, to me, because it is not just your life that you are allowing them to be a part of but it is your child's. I have never had an OB/GYN that I did not trust. That is the one doctor that my search on is very particular. I know I'll find the right one for me because I won't stop until I do but still. I could cry right now.

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Aww I'm sorry you're having a tough time! Don't cry! Like you said, you will find one. Do you know anyone from the area you are moving to that could give you some advice? How long is deployment? Kudos to you because I know I wouldn't be strong enough to handle that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Yes, I know a lot of people. I'm moving back home to where I lived before I got married. So far my friends I have talked to aren't in love with their doctors. :/ I'm finding this to be a very discouraging situation. :( 

Deployment will be about 9-10 months. And thanks for the kudos. :)

Quoting Gonzo318:

Aww I'm sorry you're having a tough time! Don't cry! Like you said, you will find one. Do you know anyone from the area you are moving to that could give you some advice? How long is deployment? Kudos to you because I know I wouldn't be strong enough to handle that...

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Azure
by Representative on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
That stinks. I hope you find another really good one. I agree, how long is deployment? I definitely wouldn't be able to handle it.
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Thanks, me too. :/ Deployment is 9-10 months. 

Quoting Azure:

That stinks. I hope you find another really good one. I agree, how long is deployment? I definitely wouldn't be able to handle it.

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Well keep your head up, you will find the right dr for you one way or another :)

How special it will be when your dh gets to come home to meet his new baby girl for the first time! Will you plan a special homecoming?

Quoting Harris06:

Yes, I know a lot of people. I'm moving back home to where I lived before I got married. So far my friends I have talked to aren't in love with their doctors. :/ I'm finding this to be a very discouraging situation. :( 

Quoting Gonzo318:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Most definitely!! That is going to be amazing!! We are moving back to Florida while he is gone but when he comes back I will definitely be coming back up here on homecoming day. He is a nuke so he is always the last off the ship, however, being that he will have had a child born while they are gone he gets to be one of the first off so that in itself is going to be exceptional! 

Quoting Gonzo318:

Well keep your head up, you will find the right dr for you one way or another :)

How special it will be when your dh gets to come home to meet his new baby girl for the first time! Will you plan a special homecoming?

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting Gonzo318:

sm12
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I'm so sorry you have to go through this and wish you find a provider than you will love just as much as current doctor if not more.  I certainly understand how you feel.  Today is my last appointment with midwife though I am switching through my own choice becayse although i love her she only delivers at a hospital and always knew i will be changing to birth center.  In my frist pregnancy just past 24 weeks i found out through my doula that my midwife left her practice and no one was telling us the truth.  I was panicking and in such a state but was so fortunate to have been taken in by  the birth center I will be changing to now.  It all happened for the best and was a blessing.  Good luck!

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Thank you so much! I even looked at the birthing centers around and did not feel drawn to it. Not to mention, it is a ways away from where I will be and I have pretty quick labors so I don't trust that I would be able to make it. haha

Quoting sm12:

I'm so sorry you have to go through this and wish you find a provider than you will love just as much as current doctor if not more.  I certainly understand how you feel.  Today is my last appointment with midwife though I am switching through my own choice becayse although i love her she only delivers at a hospital and always knew i will be changing to birth center.  In my frist pregnancy just past 24 weeks i found out through my doula that my midwife left her practice and no one was telling us the truth.  I was panicking and in such a state but was so fortunate to have been taken in by  the birth center I will be changing to now.  It all happened for the best and was a blessing.  Good luck!

CLG122
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm sorry :(  I did not realize military families had to move when their spouses were deployed!  That really stinks that you have to uproot and move your family :(

Hopefully you can find someone you really like within a short distance.  I feel your stress there-- my last labor was really fast, too.  Almost had him in the car and DH missed it!  Grr.

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

We don't have to. Normally I do not move. However, with this deployment and now that I am pregnant my husband said he would feel more comfortable if I had family closer than 10 hours away.

My husband almost missed the birth of our last because he was taking the big girls down to meet a friend so she could watch them for me. Shoot, the doctor and nurses almost missed it, too. LOL I was there in my head going, "Oh my goodness, in this position that I really do not want to move from right now, how in the world am I going to catch this baby??" LOL 

Quoting CLG122:

I'm sorry :(  I did not realize military families had to move when their spouses were deployed!  That really stinks that you have to uproot and move your family :(

Hopefully you can find someone you really like within a short distance.  I feel your stress there-- my last labor was really fast, too.  Almost had him in the car and DH missed it!  Grr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)