Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life is complicated

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just found out we have crappy home and car insurance and I need to change!  I hate changing companies because its so much work...and I have to talk to some one.  Ug

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02

playing soccertoddler boytoddler girlstork
Jency 6/30/05.   Tesher12/31/08   Zerah3/26/12    EDD12/29/13.                                                                    Angel babies edd 10/08,11/11,10/13

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Good luck! I hate searching for insurance companies too. We're going to have to get home insurance when we finally get our house and I'm leaving that up to DH. ;) 

MorningValley
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Ya I called him to tell him what's going on and he told me to call around!  I hate dealing with people and places like this!

they raised our home owners insurance $200 this year because the REST of the state was having so many claims!!   What happened is the eastern part of colorado had had ALOT of fires and storms this last year....our town area is considered the fifth safest place in the USA to live via natural disasters!  So because the REST of the state is having problems OUR insurance went up!  Does not make sense.  Then come to found out that our deductible with them to get our windshields replaced is $500!  At all the other places we've been with (one other him, one other me.  Before we got married) it was only $100 deductible and our payments were only $50 more!

so I'm going to see if the place we have our business insurance through has home and vehicle as well and if we can bundle them.

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I'm an insurance agent! If you're in pa or Ohio I can help you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorningValley
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Lol I wish!  Nope in CO.  

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I don't own a home so I don't have/need homeowner's insurance but I do hate shopping for car insurance. I actually do it about once per year to see if I can get something just a little cheaper. I don't like it but I do enjoy saving some money; I only go to reputable companies.

baby3dec13
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM

We just changed companies after 7 years. BUT the new company told us it is good to switch around every few years because companies offer such great rates for new customers with alot of discounts. But the area thing sucks. WE pay higher insurance because there are certian towns in our state that are known for having a high population of uninsured. So we follow the LAW and we PAY MORE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)