Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had an appt today

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
and 30 minutes latter I was fired. LOL Joking but I am a little hurt. We don't agree on my course of care so he let me go. I was going to switch anyways but it still hurts. OH and he thinks I am 20 weeks not 16.4 like I say I am. Ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday. I am CST. 12 15 I show up. I am sure it will be a t 12 30 I go back tho. Just a long day dealing with construction. Parking my car a fw blocks away LO appt my appt I am just done! I have a headache too. I just want to sit and relax.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrsary
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Wow!
MorningValley
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Seriously!!  Uh isn't the point of a doctor to care for you the way YOU want!  Aren't they here to serve us?  Not us do things their way and us to serve them?

this is so wrong in my eyes!  Even law suite wrong!

Azure
by Representative on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Ugh. That sounds horrible...I'm sorry.

tyrelsmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM
It happens. We have the right to choose our care, they have the right to choose whether or not they can deal with how we want it this early in the pregnancy. You have lots of time to find someone else.

There is a reason they're not allowed to do that within a month of your due date, though.
tyrelsmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Meh, doctors should have some rights, too. It's not like he dropped her in the third trimester leaving her scrambling. This is a lot better than trying to bully her into his way. I can actually respect this. He can't agree with her, so he lets her go when she has scads of time left. There are plenty who will go along with you.... and then switch on you at the end when it's harder to find a new doctor.

Quoting MorningValley:

Seriously!!  Uh isn't the point of a doctor to care for you the way YOU want!  Aren't they here to serve us?  Not us do things their way and us to serve them?

this is so wrong in my eyes!  Even law suite wrong!

Pappi
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I hope you find a doctor that works out for you! It's best that you get the switching done now so there's still time for the new doctor to get to know you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)