• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Packing, shopping and life. Oh my!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Liz
  • 11 Replies
Less than 2 months until moving day and guess who just started sorting and packing things? This mommy! Also have to take the two oldest girls school shopping because they start Aug 29th! And still have to do baby shopping. Oh, and also get things ready for my fiancee's deployment (he leaves on my due date). That means finding someone to stay with the girls/picking them up at school etc. All this has to be done while on restrictions and with family visiting in the next few weeks. Ugh!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
biberonka
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM

DD starts school August 29th as well.. I'm pissed, they have 2 weeks off at the beginning of October and another two in March... What the hell am I supposed to do with her for 2 weeks? Education is really beginning to suck in this country (not that it ever was good to begin with) 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I HATE moving! We just moved recently (beginning of June) an I'm still trying to unpack and "decorate"! Ugh. Good luck! Oh, and also, I waited until we only had about TWO WEEKS left before I started packing. Lol
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yikes! Sounds busy! I'm not looking forward to packing and unpacking when we get our house, but I am looking forward to being out of here. 

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Where do you live? We live in TX and the girls get christmas break and a break in March. I'm curious to see how the educational system here compares to the one in MA (where we lived last year)

Quoting biberonka:

DD starts school August 29th as well.. I'm pissed, they have 2 weeks off at the beginning of October and another two in March... What the hell am I supposed to do with her for 2 weeks? Education is really beginning to suck in this country (not that it ever was good to begin with) 

Kayla060812
by Kayla on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Aww he deploys on your due date? Are you going to be induced before if little one hasn't arrived? I am not a fan of induction but in this case I would be all for it.

Kayla060812
by Kayla on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I have been at this apartment for a year and 2 months and I still haven't completely unpacked and gotten organized... We didn't have air for the first 3 months of this summer and it would get to 95 in here and I was just like forget it.. Now I am up to my ears! And Decorate? What is that haha!!!!

Quoting LeapBaby123:

I HATE moving! We just moved recently (beginning of June) an I'm still trying to unpack and "decorate"! Ugh. Good luck! Oh, and also, I waited until we only had about TWO WEEKS left before I started packing. Lol

CafeMom Tickers
sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

ha-- I don't start packing until 2wks before. Then the week before is major packing.

I'm sure all will be fine. Just take it steady and keep your stress down.

biberonka
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM

AZ, but over here the dates are different for every school district. 

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. My dr said she won't induce me. But my cerclage comes out the first week in November (at 36 wks) so this little guy may make an early appearance naturally.

Quoting Kayla060812:

Aww he deploys on your due date? Are you going to be induced before if little one hasn't arrived? I am not a fan of induction but in this case I would be all for it.

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
The districts here start at different times too.

Quoting biberonka:

AZ, but over here the dates are different for every school district. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)