Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had so much fun at the ultrasound!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

It is a GIRL!!! 

The kids are really excited to have a sister, and DH is happy he gets to use the girl name he's had picked out for months ;)  My sister called me a few minutes ago asking about sizes because her 12 year old DD was trying on back-to-school clothes and my sis was heading straight for the baby department to look at girl stuff.  Thanks sis!!!  :)

We had so much fun atthe ultrasound.  The tech's phone even rang about 30 minutes in and it was the imaging receptionist rushing her along and she basically said "this patient has an hour-long slot and I'm not rushing through the ultrasound because you decided to squeeze more people into the schedule."  I was like WOW!  Lol.  I've never had such a long scan.  We got to see all kinds of fun details. 

I was right-- the placenta is anterior and she said it's really long, so that's why I'm feeling so little movement.  Baby was rolling around so much that the tech was practically chasing her to get the measurements she needed.  My marginal previa is gone-- hooray!  She said it's already 4-5 cm away from my cervix, so I assume the sex ban can be lifted ;)  I think it has to be 2 cm away from the cervix to have a vaginal delivery, so we are already in the clear.  PHEW!  The tech was saying that with one of her babies she had full previa and she was hospitalized for it for 9 weeks.  How horrible would that be??  And she still ended up delivering early via c-section at 32 weeks.  Ugh!  So grateful that we do not have to go through that.

Anyway, a successful ultrasound!  DH has officially named her Marion Guinevere (Mari-Guin for short), but the kids are insisting on calling her Baby Mari ;)  Here is her lovely face:

See the placenta hanging out above her?  Crazy!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Congrats! Way to go for the tech not rushing! I hate when they rush you because they schedule too many people. Great pic!

katallison
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM

So happy your Ultrasound went great and welcome to team PINK! I love the name ya'll have picked out!! So cute. I went to the doctor today, and they told me that at my next appointment I am going to have another u/s because at the last one 2 weeks ago they didn't get a good face shot. Had my tech been like yours I bet they would have! She rushed through it so fast and wasn't personal at all. UGH! And then I asked my doctor if I could hear the heartbeat today and she said that I got to hear it in the u/s and so that was good enough. BLEH!

Mrsjohnson2014
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

awww yay!!!  I was worried you were going to have a boy and have to pick out a new name bc of the royal baby being George lol

I have marginal previa as well and was restricted from sex in my first trimester for threatened miscarriage and now in my second so far for the previa..i'm crossing my fingers that when i see dr next week the previa is gone because this is entirely too long to have that restriction!  I know I will always be restricted due to other reasons during pregnancy but without the previa, we could cheat every now and again ;)

Anyway, that was way OT lol congrats on your princess!

NatyRod
by nataly on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay... Congrats on ur princess! My placenta looks just like urs .. is like a big cloud hanging right in front of baby, but like u said at least is not previa thank God.
EmilyWilsonn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Gonzo beat me to it, I was going to say now you don't have to worry about Prince George lol.
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! Good on the tech. I had a student and she was good. I walked in at 1215 and walked out at 144. It was a long one.

I like the name. :)

CLG122
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Yes, I couldn't believe it when I heard!  I bet he's a cutie pie, though, so I guess she can have my name ;)

I was so glad to hear that my placenta has migrated out of the way because we TOTALLY cheated a few days ago.  I was like "well, if the risk is just a little bleeding..."  Gah!  Of course if it had been total previa I never would have risked it but I just knew it had to be out of the way by now since it was so marginal last time.  I hope yours moves, too!!  And fast.  No sex is NO FUN.

Quoting Gonzo318:

awww yay!!!  I was worried you were going to have a boy and have to pick out a new name bc of the royal baby being George lol

I have marginal previa as well and was restricted from sex in my first trimester for threatened miscarriage and now in my second so far for the previa..i'm crossing my fingers that when i see dr next week the previa is gone because this is entirely too long to have that restriction!  I know I will always be restricted due to other reasons during pregnancy but without the previa, we could cheat every now and again ;)

Anyway, that was way OT lol congrats on your princess!

mrsary
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Aww!
MorningValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Ah!  See all your worry about Prince George was for nothing!!  Cute baby pic!  Happy for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)