Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preeeetttty sure we are all going to get strep throat :/

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 4 year old has been going to vacation bible school since Monday.  This afternoon I got an email from the director saying that one of the K4 leaders was diagnosed today with strep throat and that there have been a few cases of upset stomachs throughout VBS. 

Just got another one from him saying that they have a few confirmed cases among others at VBS, both leaders and kids.

GREAT!

There are 130 kids in the groups and over 50 staff members.  No WAY have all the kids been washing their hands properly, etc. 

My boys and I have been in and out of the building since Monday, and DD and I were back there tonight for t-ball (had to use the bathroom). 

I figure now I might as well let her finish out the week.  We've already all been exposed :/ 

Time to initiate extra vitamin C for everyone and long naps for the kids!!!

Gah :/

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Oh man that stinks! Thieves oil and OJ

Azure
by Representative on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I hate getting those warnings, especially strep throat and pink eye. Our oldest daughter is VERY prone to catching pink eye. If they have it in the classroom, she WILL get it. 

Hoping you all stay healthy! 

Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Oh, that sucks! Strep is a terrible thing to have to go through when not pregnant!
MorningValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Oh no!  

My kids have been doing vbs this week too.  But thankfully its a small church up the road and there are only maybe 50 people tops there.  Hopefully they don't come down with something!

CLG122
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Thanks!

Yeah, I hate getting the warnings, too!  It just scares me and what can I do about it, really?  Tell my kid she can't go tomorrow and Friday because she might get sick?  She would be crushed, she's been having so much fun...  And we've all been compromised anyway :/

This past winter we got an email from the dance studio saying they had a few kids whose parents called and told them they had head lice.  AHHHH!!!  I would absolutely BAWL if we ended up with head lice.  My DD's hair is literally down past her butt, so it would be a nightmare to deal with...  My friend's kids got it around the same time and she cut her girls' hair short and buzzed her son's to make it easier to deal with.  I could never do that to my kids!!!

Quoting Azure:

I hate getting those warnings, especially strep throat and pink eye. Our oldest daughter is VERY prone to catching pink eye. If they have it in the classroom, she WILL get it. 

MorningValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM

At least they give you warnings!   That's really nice.

we had this horrible family at our church once and they let their kids come to church with lice and then when my daughter was 3 months old they brought all their kids (11) to church with pinkeye!!  It got passed around to two other families!  I was thankful we missed two weeks in a row during that time and then the third week when we got to church there were signs for no kids classes.  So I asked why and that's what I was told.  If we hadn't missed those two weeks my three month old might have ended up with pink eye!!  I was so mad at that mom....and the kids director was furious with her.

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Push that water, too!

Hope you all end up on the lucky side. :)

tyrelsmom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM
At least you can be prepared. If you have an infuser get some lavender. Really good for the respiratory system.

If my kids got lice i would totally shave the boys heads. Couldn't do that to my girls, though.

Quoting CLG122:

Thanks!

Yeah, I hate getting the warnings, too!  It just scares me and what can I do about it, really?  Tell my kid she can't go tomorrow and Friday because she might get sick?  She would be crushed, she's been having so much fun...  And we've all been compromised anyway :/

This past winter we got an email from the dance studio saying they had a few kids whose parents called and told them they had head lice.  AHHHH!!!  I would absolutely BAWL if we ended up with head lice.  My DD's hair is literally down past her butt, so it would be a nightmare to deal with...  My friend's kids got it around the same time and she cut her girls' hair short and buzzed her son's to make it easier to deal with.  I could never do that to my kids!!!

Quoting Azure:

AnaFulghum
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Hope ya'll don't get it, or at least a bad case. Sickness has been going through my family....pneumonia for the MIL, sinusitis and bronchitis for me, tonsilitis for my two kids, and my husband is just not feeling well. Heck, even my dog has been throwing up! Grrr.....so, as soon as I felt better, I got LYSOL and hand sanitizer-i lysol EVERYTHING!!!! and bleached the house (what I could) we are getting better.....

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I know the feeling. Last year we had a vomit issue. I forget the numbers now but by Friday it was LOW because both preschool and children had it. My girls finally succumbed to it on that Friday and Saturday. :( I hope y'all stay well!!

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)