• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Always with the swimming!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

My parents are supposed to come to visit during Labor Day weekend. We had plans to go to the zoo. 

I asked to put the plans off for a week because traffic will be terrible and the zoo will be terribly crowded. 

My mother said "We'll see" and stated that we could go to a lake or something and swim. 

One, I already told our children we were going the zoo with their grandparents. They're really looking forward to it. 

Two, EVERY time we get together my mother tries to get me into a bathing suit. I swear she just wants to see the state of my body so she can criticize me more! 

Two of our four children can't swim yet. I'm not taking them to go swimming when they can't swim. The zoo is fun for everyone. A pool or lake would mainly be fun for those who can swim (and I REFUSE to get into a bathing suit in front of my parents). 

Ugh. Just venting. She always does this. We have plans and then at the last minute she says, "Let's go swimming instead." NO. We are going to the zoo! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MorningValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Lol I'm so sorry!  I hate putting on a swim suite too!

MorningValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Lol I always see all these women bigger then me in them and completely comfortable and I'm like...what the heck!  Why can't I feel like that.  Lol

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I feel your pain. My  mom likes to give me handme down suits. I haven't worn a suit in a long time. I think the last time I looked good in a suit was in 2000, lol. Maybe 2002. I have a lot of celulite(sp?) and I don 't like to show it off. Its just the way my body has always been. Since  a baby. Can't avoid it.

ALso my mom likes to dictate what I wear. I told her I don't fit into someof my clothes "already?" ummm yes. Im on my 4th I don't have a body like Barbie. SOrry. She is 54 and weights 103. I just get tired of it. NOt everyone is built the same. She is also telling me not to get fat so I can lose the weight. UGH! I know what I amdoing. I know what I need todo to make sure my babies come out a healthy weight. UGH! Ieat a lot but its healthy. I hope she doesn't start that crap when we go up Saturday. Last time she kept askingme how much I weighted and how dialted I was. I am a private person and don't share things even with DH when it concerns my body in certain matters.

Why do some parents do that crap?

biberonka
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My aunt is a health/diet freak... That's all she cares about,,since she doesn't really work anymore(she helps run her company mainly from home). She's constantly obsessed with new diets and exercise, procedures for cellulite and wrinkles and what not. She gets on me for not being skinny enough (I'm not by any means even close to overweight). It is times like that when I like to remind her that she was like 200lb when she was pregnant with my cousin and then it took her like 3 years to shed the weight...yep, I remember! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)