Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tight ball

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 8 Replies
All last night it felt like the baby was in a tight ball on my right side so uncomfortable has anyone else had this? I am 17.5 weeks
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
5PointedHuman
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I get that frequently. It almost feels like they're going to shoot out through the skin. It usually happens on a full bladder, for me.

NatyRod
by nataly on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM
3 nites ago I felt a pressure on my left side and something (I'm assuming baby) slowly turning.. My lower abdomen got really really tight. No pain though. Then I felt this immense urge to urinate which I'm guessing little man sat right on my bladder. After a couple of minutes and an empty bladder everything relaxed. (20w6d)
At this stage they are pretty active and getting comfy is their favorite sport, that's probably what u felt also. :)
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Gonzo posted something similar just yesterday. A few of us are having the "hard, tight, ball" baby belly issue. Very uncomfortable!
MacMamaof5
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Mine gets so bad I have to get on my hands and knees and wiggle hoping the baby will reposition himself.

livingforthem83
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Yes, I get that. I will either rub the spot or push baby until it moves.
sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Yep... It's 'worse' when you're further along.

MorningValley
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Nope...but my uterus is still only on one side lol

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Yes!  This happened to me yesterday and I was SO uncomfortable for an hour or so and then it just went away.  So strange...all i can think of was that (tmi) i was super gassy yesterday and I hadn't done a good job of staying hydrated.

Quoting Azure:

Gonzo posted something similar just yesterday. A few of us are having the "hard, tight, ball" baby belly issue. Very uncomfortable!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)