Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She Is...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Still a girl. I knew that the bloodwork would be more accurate so I knew it was a girl but SEEING it made it more real. 

Turns out I have an anterior placenta, and she prefers having her back facing my stomach, which explains why I don't feel her OFTEN. Sometimes she turns around and I feel her. Will have to just keep waiting for the constant movements and feeling them. Also, I made jokes that she uses my bladder as a punching bag/trampoline. Funny enough, we saw on the ultrasound (almost an hr long, so fun!) that when my bladder was getting full, she would turn over to face it and start punching and kicking. It was almost as if my bladder is 'invading' Rhiannon's space and this is her reaction. 

Rhiannon loves sucking her thumb and being in what I'd call uncomfortable positions, with herself completely folded in half with her legs straight, up and over her head, or legs bent and knees touching her chin, even though she still has SOME room so that isn't necessary. lol 

Remember me telling you how stubborn she was during the NT scan? Yeah-- nothing has changed. She'd move the opposite direction the tech wanted her to. We thought we wouldn't be able to see her gender but we were. Once. lol

She appears perfectly healthy. Five fingers on each hand, five toes on each foot, and she loves to suck her thumb. <3

We go back in 2 months for a complimentary 3D/4D ultrasound. So excited!

Here's the best profile shot we could get. It's kind of blurry and her nose looks funny because she was moving her head a lot.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MorningValley
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Cute!

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
So cute! We go back in two months for our complimentary 3D/4D ultrasound as well. Can't wait to see our little man again :)
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Cute! Sorry about your poor bladder.
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM

cute!  i cant wait for our 3d/4d!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)