Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do any one else have hyperemesis gravidarum?!?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have been battling it since 5 weeks. I am 20w1d. I am down 32 lbs. Only way I can explain it is I feel like I have the flu 24/7. I am still able to mange the house, the toddler, and the dogs. My husband is amazing and helps alot when he is off work in the evenings and the weekend. 

If you have it how are you dealing with it? Has your doctor ruled you high risk yet?

I am a sometimes co-sleeping, soy milk giving, cloth diaper using, baby wearing, spanking when needed, extended rearfacing enforcing, extended harness enforcing,  animal loving, church going,  mommy of Rebecca born Feb. 19, 2010 and Bean who is due December 17th, 2013, who is married to the love of her life since July 11th, 2009!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Yes, but I'm not high risk. Baby is growing fine, and I've stopped losing weight despite still throwing up almost everything I eat.

ETA: I deal with it poorly. Nothing helps and I'm somewhat depressed.

justme00
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Yes but I not high risk. It sucks I feel sick almost all the time tho on really bad days I can keep water down which is good. Dr say its up to my body how bad it will or won't get.
lil_mom2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I am also high risk due to issues from my daughter. I am "high risk" but we are treating it as a normal pregnancy because Bean is moving well and has been since I was 8 weeks. . I was measuring between 17 and 18 weeks at 17w3d. I will be 21 weeks on Tuesday and have an appointment Friday as well as an ultrasoun. Depending on what they find about Bean's growth I may be sent to a high risk doctor in the next state. 

Quoting Azure:

Yes, but I'm not high risk. Baby is growing fine, and I've stopped losing weight despite still throwing up almost everything I eat.

ETA: I deal with it poorly. Nothing helps and I'm somewhat depressed.

I am a sometimes co-sleeping, soy milk giving, cloth diaper using, baby wearing, spanking when needed, extended rearfacing enforcing, extended harness enforcing,  animal loving, church going,  mommy of Rebecca born Feb. 19, 2010 and Bean who is due December 17th, 2013, who is married to the love of her life since July 11th, 2009!

lil_mom2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM

My body is not handling it well. I have been to the ER 6 different times already. 

Quoting justme00:

Yes but I not high risk. It sucks I feel sick almost all the time tho on really bad days I can keep water down which is good. Dr say its up to my body how bad it will or won't get.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)