Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something is going on.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my DH has 3 emails: his work email, Gmail and a roadrunner acct that he uses as his primary. 

I almost never see him use the Gmail-- I think he just keeps it for things he already has set up with that email.  Like Ebay.

So this evening he didn't sign himself out, so when I went to get into my Gmail, his opened up.  He had a "congratulations, your item sold" email from Ebay.  I looked at it.  Just some nerdy piece of computer equipment he's upgraded at our house and he sold the old one.  $109.

Then there was a message saying he had received payment from the dude that bought the piece of equipment.  Okay.

BUT then there was a Paypal email saying "we're transferring money to your bank."

Hmmmm...

I clicked on that and it was a really low-tech, text-only email that was a mess to read (looked like he had forwarded it to himself from another email?) and it said he requested for Paypal to transfer $2400 to our bank?!  We barely bought groceries last week.  Not even kidding.  It's gotta be some mistake, right?

What on Earth???

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Huh, that definitely sounds odd. I'd be bringing that up to him asap.

NatyRod
by nataly on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM
That's weird. I would be inquiring for answers .
MorningValley
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I guess the only thing to do is ask him about it.  Maybe he's been selling enough old computer stuff that he's been able to save some money up.  Or it could be some sort of scam email that people send from weird places

Azure
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I was thinking the same-could be a scammer for the weird looking email. Otherwise, maybe he's trying to save some money up for you to go baby shopping with. Have you asked him about it? 

CLG122
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, I just brought it up and he said "What?!" and got into the message where it said $2400.  It was a mistake on their end.  He was only supposed to be getting the $109 from the equipment he sold.  PHEW!  Glad that A) we caught it before it went through B) I didn't accuse him of anything yet and C) he's not cooking meth and selling it online or something.  LOL!

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM

OH WOW! That is weird. Maybea mistake? I would ask him about it for sure. Because if it is mistake you want to make it straight now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)