Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just... Yuck

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
so apparently my kiddos caught lice at the hotel we stayed at Friday night

I noticed Katy seriously itching Saturday afternoon

my mom checked her yesterday but didn't see anything

I was putting Mikayla's hair up this morning and I found a whole bunch of nits

I checked Matthew and found one huge live one *shudder*

so I've stripped the beds and am washing on hot
I've got their heads saturated in coconut oil and covered with shower caps

praying this works :/

I need to do my head too, but there aren't enough shower caps right now
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorningValley
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Oooo yuck!

we had a family of 9 at our church that all got it...and their white trash mom instead of actually doing anything about it just shaved all their heads....girls and all.   Lol all 9 looked the same.

NatyRod
by nataly on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Eww. Long mom chopped my long hair like a boy back when I was a little girl bc of a lice outbreak at my elementary school. I'm traumatized. Lol
Hoping u get to get them all under control soon.
Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Oh yikes! I had lice as a kid, it still terrifies me to get them again! So sorry you have to deal with it while pregnant, yuck!

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:28 PM
somehow my dad, myself and it seems Matthew escaped
thank God

we did a comb through once and I slathered more coconut oil on the girls

I'll have them sleep in the shower caps tonight and do another comb through in the morning
Azure
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I hate the thought of lice. I got pretty upset with our nine year old because she shared our "knot free" hairbrush with her friend when she went to a sleepover. Luckily no lice, but I was psychologically itchy for a couple of days. Hope you can get rid of them quickly!

sarajordan2008
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Tea tree oil is pretty good at preventing. Gross. I've heard they are bad right now. My dauhter has such fine, white, long (it has never been cut) hair...I dread the day she gets it....uh!
MommyJill87
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM
My daughter brought home a bad case in the 1st grade. I'm forever traumatized and weary of it.
BooBoozMoM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Omg I've never had it and neither has my son (knock on wood). You should call that hotel and give them an ear-full! :-O
biberonka
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

LOL, it may sound bad, but heck, at least she got rid of them! That way at least you don't have to worry about your kiddos getting them ;)

Quoting MorningValley:

Oooo yuck!

we had a family of 9 at our church that all got it...and their white trash mom instead of actually doing anything about it just shaved all their heads....girls and all.   Lol all 9 looked the same.

CLG122
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Ugh.  One of my friends has it right now, too.  Her kids got it at summer camp.  There are EIGHT KIDS.  Omg!!!!  The camp had bedbugs, too, but she hasn't seen any in her house, thank God.  She threw out a bunch of her kids' stuff when they got back from camp just in case and all their sleeping bags and things went right from the van to the laundromat.  Eek!

Hope you can get rid of them fast!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)