Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks already?!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am about 22 weeks and for the last several days, several times a day, my lower abdomen has been getting very tight and cramping up and it hurts. The feeling and pain even wraps all the way around my back. At first I just thought it was baby rolling or kicking me in the bladder, but today it just occurred to me that it feels very similar to when I was having back labor. With my first I never experienced Braxton hicks... So I'm new to this :( does this sound like braxton hicks? Is it supposed to be painful and occur many times a day?? Thanks... I'm feeling uneasy about this.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pappi
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:24 AM

For me BH feels like my uterus stiffening, with a bit of difficulty in breathing (like something puting pressure on my chest) and discomfort... but no pain. It's been starting up for me recently, and I remember I got them quite often by the end of my pregnancy last time. You should definitely check in with you OB just in case, then remember to stay hydrated!

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Hmm I was having BH so often with my first that they gave me meds to stop them, put me on bed rest and called it "preterm labor". They were constant and about 10 mins apart. They were never painful but I've heard of moms saying theirs hurt. Definatley check in with your OB just so he/she is aware
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hartman12
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Always check if your not sure, and make sure your drinking lots of water! Pregnant women dehydrate very easily.
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I get them too. Worse at night.
tyrelsmom
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I've been getting them for several weeks already.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)