Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to decide if this is worth the price...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

I didn't know you could get a play yard that is not a pack n play!  I was thinking this would be neat to have up downstairs and I could stick the baby in it once she's sitting/crawling) to protect her from her siblings if I needed to put a load of laundry in or go to the bathroom. 

I also thought it would be neat to bring it outside and have her able to chill in the yard with us without having to strap her into a stroller. 

BUT it's expensive. 

What do you girls think?  Would you use it enough to justify it? 

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I bought a play pen from Target for $50.00. I had it for day care but I dont' think that I wouldspend the money on that . It is a lot of money and the cheaper one does the samething.  Ifyou have the money why not. They are nice.

CLG122
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM

DH says "can't we just use the Pack n Play for that?" but the PNP is probably going to be seeing lots of action as a full-time bed (my 15 month old still uses it every day to nap in) so I don't think that's an option...  Maybe if I get an Amazon gift care for my birthday or something I will get one ;)

Quoting Baby4us09:

I bought a play pen from Target for $50.00. I had it for day care but I dont' think that I wouldspend the money on that . It is a lot of money and the cheaper one does the samething.  Ifyou have the money why not. They are nice.

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Then in that case I say its worth  it. If baby will be intill age 3 then go for it! Smaller than a crib ! :)

Quoting CLG122:

DH says "can't we just use the Pack n Play for that?" but the PNP is probably going to be seeing lots of action as a full-time bed (my 15 month old still uses it every day to nap in) so I don't think that's an option...  Maybe if I get an Amazon gift care for my birthday or something I will get one ;)

Quoting Baby4us09:

CLG122
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Oops, corrected post with the right link!!!

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Thats a cute one! Amazing how the two stores differ in price! WOW.

Quoting CLG122:

Oops, corrected post with the right link!!!

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I'd just get something like this, instead... it's more room for baby to move around in, the one you posted seems so little

the top picture
CLG122
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM

That is the one my husband suggested!  He said "we could use it in December to block the Christmas tree from the maniacs."  Ha.

Quoting comptonkids:

Mobile Photo

I'd just get something like this, instead... it's more room for baby to move around in, the one you posted seems so little

the top picture

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
haha!! that's exactly why I want one!!

Quoting CLG122:

That is the one my husband suggested!  He said "we could use it in December to block the Christmas tree from the maniacs."  Ha.

Quoting comptonkids:

Mobile Photo

the top picture

TattooedMom104
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I remember seeing these at Babys r us and asking my sis why the hell they sold dog kennels at a baby store lol. This was before I knew people actually used them for kids. Now I want one for my little one.

Quoting comptonkids:

Mobile Photo

the top picture

littlemonaghan
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Idk personally I've never understood play pens. Maybe I'll find out with a second baby in the house lol, but even when my mom ran a daycare the babies were never confined lol

That's just me though, my 2 year old might teach me something new come December lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)