Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommended vaccinations

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am not big into taking any pharmesutical drugs. I don't usually get flu shots or whooping cough shots so I denied to get them when they were suggested by my dr. They really pushed it and I can't stand that especially since the only things I've been allergic to are pharmesutical drugs. Do you ladies take whatever's recommended? Is it normal for the doctor to push stuff like this? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmeBee
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Yes, it's protocol for them to push it.  I've refused everything as well

NatyRod
by nataly on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I have taken mostly all of them before I got pregnant bc working at a hospital that's one of the requirements... However, I turned downed the flu shot this season while pregnant and personally I wouldn't let them do any.
mrs.hartman12
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:40 AM
I dont. My body, my choice.
polkaspots
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I got the flu shot as a child and when my second kid was born nothing since then. I stopped getting routine vaccinations when I stopped going to a pediatrician at 17. Now I just get tested for everything once a year in addition to the testing I get while pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM
My OB doesn't force anything and I deny everything
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I got the tdap when I was pregnant with my son,2 years ago
I wish I hadn't

I don't even vaccinate my kids
CLG122
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM

No, I don't get any shots during pregnancy and don't give any to my baby at birth.  We do give about 3/4 of the recommended vaxxes, but only 1 or 2 at a time and we don't start til 4 weeks old.  I am really picky about which ones to give and when.

nshearon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Yesterday my OB said "we have the flu shot" I said no he said ok and that was that
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I would say it is normal for the medical staff to push things they are getting a kick back for.

Also I refused the shots they reccomended. I was surprised it went as well as it did.  I can't take a lot of drugs either. I have reactions to them.

mrs.hartman12
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Quoting Baby4us09:

I would say it is normal for the medical staff to push things they are getting a kick back for.

Also I refused the shots they reccomended. I was surprised it went as well as it did.  I can't take a lot of drugs either. I have reactions to them.

for sure. After I refused the dtap and flu, they told me I had to get the mmr after the baby is born. And made a point to tell me every visit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)