Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depressed :(

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 7 Replies
I hate this bedrest crap. I know the twins need it But I want to be mommy again. It's who I am. I want to take the kids to the park before it gets cold. I want to go to the pumpkin patch. I want to be able to go trick or treating. I miss going outside in the evenings and playing with the kids. And Saturday movie nights. And I want Ariel back. I don't want her at My moms or mother in laws or anywhere else. I want her at home in her bed every night. I want to bathe her and pick her up when she gets hurt. I'm so depressed I can barely function. I hate living like this and I'm starting to feel like I don't even want the twins. If it wasn't for this pregnancy, I would have her here with me. And everything would be normal. And that is horrible because I DO want these babies more than anything. I'm tired of crying myself to sleep every night and having to take Tylenol pm just to go to sleep. I don't enjoy feeling the twins kick or seeing them on the ultrasound. I dread waking up in the morning because I know it's just another day that I can't be mommy. I can't talk to anyone because no one understands. I really don't know what to do. I know I'm being selfish but I had to get it off my chest.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CLG122
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry :(  I know I'd be a disaster if I were put on bedrest.  But it could be worse!  It could be hospital bedrest!

Would it be possible for your mom and MIL to stay at your place instead of Ariel staying with them?  Then you would have some company and you'd get to at least see her, talk to her, read to her...  Might be worth a try!  Just tell them that you appreciate them helping out but you really need your family to be together.  They are family-- they should be able to work something out!

EmilyWilsonn
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I'm so sorry. :( I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and I am feeling the exact same way right now. If you need somebody to relate to, you can always PM me.
TattooedMom104
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM

*Hugs* It wont be too much longer hun. Hang in there.

Azure
by Representative on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I agree with having your mil or mom stay with you instead. That would be great. I'm sorry you're so depressed, but under the circumstances it's understandable!
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM

On no, thats not good....cheer up momma. its best for u and the babez...try and make the best of it. maybe have movoe night from the bed, pizza popcorn soda etc....it wont be too much longer.....remember your passing those vibes on the the babies....

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Omg I could never go without my son like this, I totally understand what you're going through although I can't imagine going through it myself.  Can your mom come to your house during the days to watch Ariel?  That way you can still be there with her?  Is there any way to rent a wheelchair for trick-or-treating?  I'm so sorry you have to go through this...  my dr has mentioned bedrest to me a few times and the first thing I think about is my son :(

christina0310
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I am so sorry that you have to go through this just remember it is for a good reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)