Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If the manufacturer says no then why do docs push it?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrs.hartman12
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I will have to find an article I read a while ago written by a ex pharmaceutical rep about the truth of pharm/doctor relations. The spend a lot of money and give a lot of freebies to get doctors to push their drugs. If I find it I will send it to you.
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM
also, per the included leaflet thing, the flu shot is ONLY for those 18+
lil_mom2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Send it to me too please!!!!

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

I will have to find an article I read a while ago written by a ex pharmaceutical rep about the truth of pharm/doctor relations. The spend a lot of money and give a lot of freebies to get doctors to push their drugs. If I find it I will send it to you.

NtrlMama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Read this "article" and I have to say first that NCOW is a horrible acronym...LOL.  The second thing is, I'm not confident that the information is all on the up and up.  Are they talking about late term fetal death, miscarriages (that may or may not have been related) or what?  Where is the study and what are the numbers?  I couldn't find the study anyplace, including NCOW's website. 

I am a big believer in education and getting as much info as possible in order to make an educated decision for myself and my family.  However, one article that posts scary numbers (and over 4000% is a scary number) without any explanation or backup from 3-4 years ago is a bit "fly by night" to me.  If this were indeed a legitimate stat, I can imagine it would be all over the news, not to mention cited on multiple websites.  Just because the word "truth" is in the website name, doesn't make the info contained therein truth...seems more "truthy" to me, to coin a Colbert phrase.  JMHO.

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM

That is a very bias source.

The Mayo Clinic recommends it. I'm pretty big on the Mayo Clinic and their research.

justme00
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Its all about the money
mrs.hartman12
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM
http://www.gwenolsen.com/

Havent found the article yet but heres the link about her book. Mental note, add it to my reading list, lol.

*****my duh moment, the links are on the website.
mrs.hartman12
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM
http://www.gwenolsen.com/

the link to her book. I still need to find the article. I need to get s lap top soon my old one crashed and had all my saved files!

*****never mind the links are on her website......duh me!

quote name="lil_mom2010" id="0"]

Send it to me too please!!!!

Quoting mrs.hartman12:I will have to find an article I read a while ago written by a ex pharmaceutical rep about the truth of pharm/doctor relations. The spend a lot of money and give a lot of freebies to get doctors to push their drugs. If I find it I will send it to you.[/quote]

[/quote]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)