Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maternity clothes

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 20 Replies

I refusw to buy maternity clothes. Such a waste of money to me...with my first i prolly spent 80 a week at places like mother hood and pea in a pod...wore for all of two maybe three months then they all got packed up into a box. so far i am able to get away my regular clothes. I use a rubberband for some of my pants. I havent gone any where fancy to wear a dress yet, miggt have to start to think about one at least for thanks giving. But i swear these places rape us for maternity clothes...

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mom2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I got lucky. My sister and I passed our maternity clothes around. This is the 4th pregnancy alot of mine have been through.
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Same here.  My cousin and I have passed a huge bin around between our pregnancies.  Unfortunately, this is the first winter baby between the two of us so neither of us have many pants or long sleeves so I might need to make a small shopping trip just to get through the next 2 and a half months. 

I have a few regular tops I can still wear but most are just too short and I don't want to walk around with half of my belly hanging out.  I also have a few pants that I can use a belly band or rubberband with but maternity pants are just so much more comfortable and the belly bands are a pain because they always roll down.

Quoting lil_mom2010:

I got lucky. My sister and I passed our maternity clothes around. This is the 4th pregnancy alot of mine have been through.

lil_mom2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I got REALLY lucky. I was pregnant in winter with my oldest (She is a Feb baby), and she was pregnant with twins in December. I had all her summer stuff from her oldest (May baby). I am selling it all next year at a yard sale. 

Quoting Gonzo318:

Same here.  My cousin and I have passed a huge bin around between our pregnancies.  Unfortunately, this is the first winter baby between the two of us so neither of us have many pants or long sleeves so I might need to make a small shopping trip just to get through the next 2 and a half months. 

I have a few regular tops I can still wear but most are just too short and I don't want to walk around with half of my belly hanging out.  I also have a few pants that I can use a belly band or rubberband with but maternity pants are just so much more comfortable and the belly bands are a pain because they always roll down.

Quoting lil_mom2010:

pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Oh man, yes to share must be way nice...im the only one thats my size in my circle...i have no sibs, ie to share and pass things around. darn...

CLG122
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Yep, I'm sharing, too!  Between myself and all my friends, I have only had to buy a couple of things this time.  One thing I really like to do is buy empire-waist dresses early in my pregnancy and wear them almost the entire time.  You can even make them work in different seasons-- I bought a simple black, knot-front one for an August wedding and I wore it the other day with leggs underneath and a sweater! And my black boots ;)

christina0310
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I go to resale stores also my chruch has clothes that they give people that need them.

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I shop at Savers for maternity clothes, and local goodwills... I cant see spending 40 on a pair of pants that I will wear for a few months, BUT I am big enough to need them... SO... I deal with it... lol; this is a pair of yoga/sweat pants and a normal tank top... but... if its jeans I need maternity...! :)

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Hit up Goodwill and other such places for plus size clothing.

pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Yes thats an idea i never thought of...goodwill will be my spot for a party dress

Harris06
by Megan on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM

They really do mark up maternity clothes and it doesn't make sense other to me other than because they know that women will buy it. I have a couple of things but it is only because it was on clearence. 

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)