Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Natural

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

I had my 30wk appt yesterday (Tuesday). My BP was slightly elevated but still within normal limits (132/20). I'd imagine it had just a little something to do with the Taco Bell (ie way too damn much sodium) I had for lunch. I haven't had high BP (to any extent) for 6.5yrs since I was in recovery from a surgery. lol

So many care providers would automatically make you think the worst and start talking about pharmeceuticals. Nope. Not my midwife. Instead she suggested Hawthorne tincture twice per day and we'll see how it is on the 22 at my next appt. 

Then I told her about my heartburn and that Tums have become my BFF. She suggested chewable papaya supplements. 

So today I picked up both. The papaya supplements not only taste pretty freakin good but they work great! 

And tonight I had my first round of Hawthorn tincture (in water) and it was actually pretty good!

I really like this birthing center and how natural they prefer to take things.

And I thought I would share these remedies in case you could benefit from them.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrs.hartman12
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My midwife is an herbalist so she is bringing me some herbs next appointment to calm my anxiety. I love midwives who use natural first.
MorningValley
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Awesome!

christina0310
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I think natural herbs are the best medication.

Harris06
by Megan on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Azure
by Representative on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Thanks. I'll have to try the papaya.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)