• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you and baby adjusting?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 38 Replies
How is everyone? How are you adjusting to having a newborn around? What's the best part, worst part and most unexpected part of having baby home?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We are doing well! Dh went back to work today so my daily naps are going to be sacrificed. Wahh!!

DS1 adores his brother at times and at other times couldn't care less about him haha but overall he's adjusting well.

I love having this little guy in my arms and cuddling with him!

The hardest part is definately lack of sleep. With ds1, I didn't ebf so dh would wake up early or do a feeding before he went to bed to let me get a break and rest but now there's not much he can help with since I am ebf Cole. I need to get ds1 back on a normal nap routine so I can take advantage of it myself!

And most unexpected thing is honestly how easy it's been this time around. I guess I'm just more confident this time but geez if each child gets easier and easier then bring on the babies!!
mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM

For the most part adding our third child has been a breeze! It feels like she was ment to be here the whole time. 

The hard part is DD2 just adores her sister so much I can never put her down or Natalee goes running in that directions. Needless to say that since the baby has been born my housework has slacked and we have ate way to much take out. 

sassysouthernma
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:06 PM
We are doing good! Big brother loves having baby around and is constantly wanting to help. But also doesn't totally understand that it will be a while before Malik can play with him lol.

Best part is having Gavin my 5yr old to help.

Worst part having to do it all alone with out help from Malik's dad.

Most unexpected part is how much easier number two is. And how big of a help big brother is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I can relate to the takeout and lack of housework getting done!

Lincoln doesn't bother the baby much but for some reason he's been obsessed with him just these past 2 days and of course he has the flu so it's been challenging to keep him away!

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

For the most part adding our third child has been a breeze! It feels like she was ment to be here the whole time. 

The hard part is DD2 just adores her sister so much I can never put her down or Natalee goes running in that directions. Needless to say that since the baby has been born my housework has slacked and we have ate way to much take out. 

Mrsjohnson2014
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM

We are doing okay but exhausted. The best part is holding my little girl in my arms and seeing her smile in her sleep :) 

I am still getting use to the sleepless nights and the fact that when I tried to breastfeed she couldn't latch on so I started pumping and now it seems like I can't pump every time it's time for her to eat because my milk supply has gone down. :(

I don't know the most unexpected part but if I get some sleep I might remember LOL 

mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I think its a gender thing. She sees the baby as a living doll and wants to hold her and change her and squeze her! And she gets super jealous so I usully have my toddler trying to climb in my lap while nursing :-) I have to remember these moments won't last forever. 

Quoting Gonzo318: I can relate to the takeout and lack of housework getting done!

Lincoln doesn't bother the baby much but for some reason he's been obsessed with him just these past 2 days and of course he has the flu so it's been challenging to keep him away!

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM

http://kellymom.com/category/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/ 

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

We are doing okay but exhausted. The best part is holding my little girl in my arms and seeing her smile in her sleep :) 

I am still getting use to the sleepless nights and the fact that when I tried to breastfeed she couldn't latch on so I started pumping and now it seems like I can't pump every time it's time for her to eat because my milk supply has gone down. :(

I don't know the most unexpected part but if I get some sleep I might remember LOL 

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Didn't you expect the 2nd to be crazy, hectic and overwhelming like your first?! I did! I'm loving how easy it is though!

Quoting sassysouthernma: We are doing good! Big brother loves having baby around and is constantly wanting to help. But also doesn't totally understand that it will be a while before Malik can play with him lol.

Most unexpected part is how much easier number two is. And how big of a help big brother is.
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I never get tired of seeing these moments with dh and our boys :)

Are you in the breast feeding group here? I recently joined and they are SO helpful and supportive! Have you tried nipple shields for latching? I used them for about 2 weeks bc I was getting so sore and DS wasn't latching well. They were amazing for us both to get the hang of it!

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

sassysouthernma
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I totally did! I expected my house to be a zoo with two kids. But it's such a breeze! I absolutely love it.

Quoting Gonzo318: Didn't you expect the 2nd to be crazy, hectic and overwhelming like your first?! I did! I'm loving how easy it is though!

Quoting sassysouthernma: We are doing good! Big brother loves having baby around and is constantly wanting to help. But also doesn't totally understand that it will be a while before Malik can play with him lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)