• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Popped Blood Vessel

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

I could have sworn that I posted this but I must have dreamt it (yes, I do dream of CM, at times...how sad is that? I guess that's what I get for being around for so long..haha). Anyway, Margaux came so fast that she was a bit swollen and bruised and popped a blood vessel in her eye. :( I wondered why they had the pediatrician come in to check her eyes, I figured it wasn't too serious or they would have said something but I did wonder. She got a gold star, her eyes are perfect. I asked the nurse later if the popped blood vessel was from labor and she said it was and it is actually pretty common when babies come real fast. She also said that she was surprised that Margaux didn't have more bruising because she came SO fast. (I know, I know, my birth story...I need to post that, too. haha)

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fungirl09
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I had no clue that is where it comes from but it makes a lot of sense. My daughter has the same ans she came super fast. I went from 3cm to 10 in less then 30mins 2 strong pushes & my daughter was here.

MommyJill87
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Oh wow.
MyLiLBlessinz
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM

My son had it when he was born and he was a little bruised as well.  They had no concerns it was just that i pushed him out so fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)