Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna tear his head off! (b.c. issue)

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 20 Replies
I have been takin the minipill since lina was born and she is almost 7 weeks old. Well I have been havin severe moodswings since week 2. I just thought it was from havin baby but im not so sure that is what it is now. We fight all the time and I cant calm down ever. Im tense nonstop. I have never met a method of b.c. that didnt have some kind of adverse affect on me. Ive tried the regular pill, the patch, yaz, iud (nonhoromonal n it just caused constant pain for 3 years) depo shot n I gained 60 lbs in onesummer on it n was severly depressed and had the same mood swings just worse, condoms im allergic to the latex n spermicide. We found some nonlatex n ones that are not sheep skin (sorry cant do that) but they still have the spermicide on them. The mood swings are not worth it! Id rather deal with some burning in my lady parts than constantly feel like if dh even looks at lina again ill stab him in the face! I also think it is contributing to the burning from when lina nurses, n my glands in my throat being swollen. I think I just need to stop taking it. Im terrified of getting preggers again so soon tho. What if the condom breaks or something else happens? What if im one of those women whose cycles come back while nursing?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Learn about natursl fsmily planning. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a popular book and the ovutracker gor Androids is a great app to chart your ovulation.
TLIF1281
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Thanx :)

Quoting mrs.hartman12: Learn about natursl fsmily planning. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a popular book and the ovutracker gor Androids is a great app to chart your ovulation.
Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what I was going to say. NFP really is not all that difficult once you figure it out.

Quoting mrs.hartman12: Learn about natursl fsmily planning. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a popular book and the ovutracker gor Androids is a great app to chart your ovulation.

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Skybabe
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Hormonal birth control is awful! I had to get off the pill as it was making me extremely angry. Some women have strokes due to the pill. I dont have a whole lot of advice for you other than to go off the pill. It's just not worth it to be in a bad mood all the time. There are always consequences to putting things in your body that aren't meant to be there.

TLIF1281
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I have been a mess everytime! Ive had enough! I stopped it tonight. Dh came home n I told him I wasnt takin it anymore starting tonight. We had talked about me stoppin it after this pack but I cant do it anymore. I always feel like a livewire! He wanted to know what we were going to do for b.c. and I told him about family planning. He is a bit confused but he will get it soon enough.

Quoting Skybabe:

Hormonal birth control is awful! I had to get off the pill as it was making me extremely angry. Some women have strokes due to the pill. I dont have a whole lot of advice for you other than to go off the pill. It's just not worth it to be in a bad mood all the time. There are always consequences to putting things in your body that aren't meant to be there.

TLIF1281
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Told dh this is what we were going to do. He is confused but he will understand soon.

Quoting Harris06:

This is what I was going to say. NFP really is not all that difficult once you figure it out.

Azure
by Representative on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Definitely get this book. We use NFP with condoms and abstinence and it's awesome. 

mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I am sorry, the app is called OvuView, and its the best one because you can track everything, your cycle, cervical mucus, cervix positioning, temps, moods, weight, ect......all which will make more sense when you start learning about nfp. You need to be really conservative for the first year while your learning your body, and maybe longer if your breastfeeding because it stops ovulation. But once you get the hang of it, its not so bad and its great because you can plan vacations and stuff around your period. Also I have learned to love our abstinence period because it gives us a chance to snuggle and recharge our relationship a bit. 

Quoting TLIF1281: Thanx :)

mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Sorry one more thing, if you contact your local catholic church, or call around and talk to some midwives or doula's you might be able to find a free or low cost class. I highly recommend doing that because its nice to have someone to ask questions to as it can be confusing at first. Of course I will help with any questions best I can and other ladies here, but that person to person is great to have if you can find it!

mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I was on nuvaring and it was gving me horrible headaches and moody swings from hell. I never touched hormonal bc again! I also told dh I am not permently altering my body so if he wants to get snipped he is more than welcome to but it won't be me. 

Quoting Skybabe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)