• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year's Eve

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 16 Replies
So I seriously JUST remembered that tomorrow is New Years Eve! I guess with the baby, Christmas, DH going back to work and myself and DS1 being sick, we kind of lost track of the days!

Needless to say, we have no plans. Dh works til 4... Maybe if Lincoln and I are feeling better we will all go to dinner? I'll have dh grab some champagne on his way home from work... Probably one of the most laid back NYEs ever for us!

How are you going to ring in the new year?!
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM
At home with my family :-) no way I am leaving my baby with a sitter!
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Yea, it's way too soon for me to leAve for more than an hour or 2. It'll be nice to just stay in.

Quoting mrs.hartman12: At home with my family :-) no way I am leaving my baby with a sitter!
Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My MIL is getting dinner catered in and we are heading over there for an early dinner and then as soon as it gets dark we are shooting off fireworks and playing with poppers and sparklers and then after that the girls and I will come home and they will go to bed so that I can stay up and watch the ball drop.

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

marya2010
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Staying home watching movies with my love bugs and drinking some apple cider. 

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I always forget you're in Florida! This sounds way better than staying couped up bc the weather is below 20! Lol have fun!

Quoting Harris06:

My MIL is getting dinner catered in and we are heading over there for an early dinner and then as soon as it gets dark we are shooting off fireworks and playing with poppers and sparklers and then after that the girls and I will come home and they will go to bed so that I can stay up and watch the ball drop.

MommyJill87
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Slweeeeeping
Sugadive
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Me too!
I think its selfish to go out right after having a baby! They need you!

Quoting mrs.hartman12: At home with my family :-) no way I am leaving my baby with a sitter!
stayathomemo271
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm going to my sisters house, gonna have a glass of wine, let the cousins play together until bed time( no way will they stay up that late my little one loves her sleep) then watch the ball drop and maybe having another glass of wine.
Azure
by Representative on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

We'll probably do what we usually do-enjoy some ice cream with shell sauce and if we have energy to watch a movie, do so. We keep it simple. This year it will probably be: eat some ice cream if we have energy for that and then go to bed.

Turtledoves
by Representative on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I had no idea what the date or day was until last night at midnight the "happy new years eve" posts started on facebook. I've become so out of touch lately!

We have a bottle of champagne that we're going to open, but that's about it. We don't even have cable to watch the ball drop and I don't feel like looking up a site to watch it live online. Mainly, since I didn't sleep at all last night (my toddler learned to be terrified of shadows and monsters suddenly in one night, and it kept her awake from midnight to 9AM!) I hope to fill this day with sleep!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)